question about n3dsxl self install and issue with the guide

acx

question about n3dsxl self install and issue with the guide

Post by acx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:41 pm

I was looking into some threads on the forums, and I got slightly confused by some informations, would like to have some confirmation if possible ...
If I understand well, the soldering isn't meant to capture the screens, but for the audio capture and the power trough usb.
is it true ? also by audio capture, does it mean that it's required for the audio to still work, or can I just capture it with a jack cable instead ?
I'm way too inexperienced with soldering to do it if it's not mandatory, and also if I understand, can be done later.
Last edited by acx on Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acx

Re: question about n3dsxl self install and issue with the guide

Post by acx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:43 pm

also in the install guide the 31st image is missing

TiresiasBazaar

Post by TiresiasBazaar » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:48 am

Yes, that ribbon cable with the holes is meant for audio to pass through the USB-C cable. I also tried soldering the ribbon cable myself but found it kicking my butt (I'm very much inexperienced as well when it comes to soldering), but it's not fully required if you're willing to use a 3.5mm audio cable to route the audio. That's what I do. Video from both screen still passes through the USB-C, and audio works like a charm, as long as I use a Ground Loop Isolator attached to the audio cable (you may not need it, but I'd recommend it).

acx

Post by acx » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:56 pm

ty very much