Ds not turning on

Ram

Ds not turning on

Post by Ram » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:45 am

I installed the ds capture card which worked perfectly in the software however the bottom screen was white on the device. I read that it could be a loose ribbon cable so I repeatly was testing to see if I got it working. I also kept testing to make sure the software was still good. Eventually I plugin the ds without the battery and now it won't turn on. Whenever I plugin into either the c port or the orginal port the lcd flashed orange for a second then stops with or without the battery in it.

Ram

Re: Ds not turning on

Post by Ram » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:39 pm

For future people who also had this issue in my case I fried by f2 fuse. I followed the guide below but to sum it up I removed the fuse the soldered the points together. As far as the white screen issue I had was due to the big ribbon cable ontop of the smaller 2 wasn't in all the way (went far deeper then I was orginally trying). Now the capture card works completely fine; however, in my case I somehow made the touchscreen stop working so I might need a new digitizer or to try putting it in again. Regardless love the mod its the first proper console mod I've done so it was a lot of fun.

https://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/threa ... lown-fuse)

Ram

Re: Ds not turning on

Post by Ram » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:45 pm

Final update I didn't need a new digitizer the white paper thing below the ribbon cable fell off so I cut a thing piece to replace it now the ds is fully working now.