3DS Capture Screen Flickering

DestinyDecade

3DS Capture Screen Flickering

Post by DestinyDecade » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:25 pm

Greetings. I just got my hands on the New 3DS XL with the capture board and when I boot up the 3DS Capture software, the screen started to flicker. I tried to install the driver for it but the installation stated that there was no need to install it. Same for DirectX and when I got things setup for it, the 3ds capture software starts to flicker the screen. I used the latest version and I wonder if Loopy has any info about it.

https://x.com/megamanra/status/17208840 ... w6RDXVj_kA

I made a tweet talking about it. I am thankful that I am able to finally get it but with this flickering there may be some issues.

EDIT: I tried it on my Windows 11 laptop. To my utter surprise, it came out flawlessly. When it comes to my Windows 10 HP Omen laptop, the screen flickering occurs. It's strange, I know but with Windows 11, works great. Works flawlessly. I only installed the driver for it and it works like a charm.

sportzfrk

Re: 3DS Capture Screen Flickering

Post by sportzfrk » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:39 pm

Sounds like on the windows 10 laptop the usb port could be bad, loose, etc etc. there is serious data going through that port so if the connection isn’t well you’ll have issues.

DestinyDecade

Re: 3DS Capture Screen Flickering

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:06 pm

I was using a usb-type c to type-c when it happened. On Windows 11, it was flawless.