Pixxelluxx

Re: xx3dsfml Multi-platform N3DSXL Capture Software Audio Update

Post by Pixxelluxx » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:39 pm

Lorenzooone wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:37 pm
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:25 pm
Hello everyone,

today I found this Software and wanted to try it with my Capture Card, I managed to install it, i can run it from the terminal but then it complains that libftd3xx.so is missing, even tho I ran make install before running make to install ftd3xx.

Code: Select all

xx3dsfml: error while loading shared libraries: libftd3xx.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
when I look inside /usr/local/lib libftd3xx.so is there, so im not sure how to fix it
Weird...?
I'd suggest in the meantime you try downloading and compiling this one:
https://github.com/Lorenzooone/xx3dsfml ... hanges.zip
It should fix your issue.
Just make sure you run

make uninstall
make
so you're not launching the other one.
If you want to, you can install it with

make install
but it's not needed.
I actually tried your version too, it does even run but its unable to create the config file even when using F5 - F8 to save and when closing the program
EDIT: I should have mentioned that when running it from the terminal and pressing F5 it says it was unable to create
This may be a problem with Fedora tho, at least I cant assume Fedoras experimental nature is not interfering somewhere

Pixxelluxx

Post by Pixxelluxx » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:07 pm

Lorenzooone wrote:
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Hello everyone,

today I found this Software and wanted to try it with my Capture Card, I managed to install it, i can run it from the terminal but then it complains that libftd3xx.so is missing, even tho I ran make install before running make to install ftd3xx.

xx3dsfml: error while loading shared libraries: libftd3xx.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
when I look inside /usr/local/lib libftd3xx.so is there, so im not sure how to fix it
Weird...?
Just make sure you run

make uninstall
make

make install
but it's not needed.
I tried your version again but the problem remains, I tried to run it with sudo to see if something changes and it actually works, but pipewire cannot connect when I do that
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to connect PipeWire event context (errno: 112)
Failed to open the audio device

Lorenzooone

Post by Lorenzooone » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:15 pm

Pixxelluxx wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:39 pm
Lorenzooone wrote:
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Hello everyone,

Weird...?
Just make sure you run

make uninstall
make

make install
but it's not needed.
I actually tried your version too, it does even run but its unable to create the config file even when using F5 - F8 to save and when closing the program
EDIT: I should have mentioned that when running it from the terminal and pressing F5 it says it was unable to create
This may be a problem with Fedora tho, at least I cant assume Fedoras experimental nature is not interfering somewhere
This... Should be an easy fix...?
If you use:

mkdir -p ~/.config/xx3dsfml/presets
and then you try running the program, does it get fixed?

No need for sudo.

Pixxelluxx

Post by Pixxelluxx » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:28 pm

creating the config folder does not help sadly, it is still saying "Create failed"
For sudo, without it, the program cannot access the capture card or create configs, only with sudo it successfully displays my 3ds Screens, but without audio

The program is not set to be owned by root either, my user accounts has full access to it

Pixxelluxx

Post by Pixxelluxx » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:40 pm

Lorenzooone wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:15 pm
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Lorenzooone wrote:

Weird...?
Just make sure you run

make uninstall
make

make install
but it's not needed.
If you use:

No need for sudo.
I tried a reinstall of Fedora 39 to get a clean slate.
When I compile the Software I can succsesfully start it but it still says "Create failed", but the config folders get created, even the layout1 file gets created when saving using F5
But it is still unable to capture my N3DS without sudo

Lorenzooone

Post by Lorenzooone » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:06 pm

Pixxelluxx wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:40 pm
Lorenzooone wrote:
Pixxelluxx wrote:

If you use:

No need for sudo.
When I compile the Software I can succsesfully start it but it still says "Create failed", but the config folders get created, even the layout1 file gets created when saving using F5
What about the audio? Does it work?

For the sudo part, I think it's due to missing permissions to access the N3DS. If you download one of the linux drivers from https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d3xx-drivers/ , you will be able to get a file from the archive called 51-ftd3xx.rules with a list of USB PID and VID. I have no clue how USB permissions are set for Fedora, however you should take the list of USB PID and VID you can get there, and set them to 0666 on your system as well.

Pixxelluxx

Post by Pixxelluxx » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:28 pm

Lorenzooone wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:06 pm
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Lorenzooone wrote:

If you use:

No need for sudo.

For the sudo part, I think it's due to missing permissions to access the N3DS. If you download one of the linux drivers from https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d3xx-drivers/ , you will be able to get a file from the archive called 51-ftd3xx.rules with a list of USB PID and VID. I have no clue how USB permissions are set for Fedora, however you should take the list of USB PID and VID you can get there, and set them to 0666 on your system as well.
You are a Hero!

I copied the udev rule to /etc/udev/rules.d/ and after a system restart (with system updates, but thats just a coincidence) and now it works when double-clicking the executable, i get audio and video

Thank you for taking your time to help me, now I only need to test if the audio stays synchronised but i dont think that should be a problem

Pixxelluxx

Post by Pixxelluxx » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:43 pm

Lorenzooone wrote:
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Lorenzooone wrote:

If you use:

No need for sudo.

After my previous reply I played around a bit, obs works with it, i can split the screen, but the scaling keys "- key: Decrements the scaling by 0.5x for the focused window. 1.0x is the minimum.
= key: Increments the scaling by 0.5x for the focused window. 4.5x is the maximum." do not work for me

Lorenzooone

Post by Lorenzooone » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:49 pm

Pixxelluxx wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:43 pm
Lorenzooone wrote:
Pixxelluxx wrote:

After my previous reply I played around a bit, obs works with it, i can split the screen, but the scaling keys "- key: Decrements the scaling by 0.5x for the focused window. 1.0x is the minimum.
= key: Increments the scaling by 0.5x for the focused window. 4.5x is the maximum." do not work for me
Yeah, this is something which I've noticed as well, due to my Italian keyboard... :/
The temporary solution I personally did is changing the constants to other keys I can actually use. You can find them here: https://github.com/Lorenzooone/xx3dsfml ... l.cpp#L511
Though I'd like to work on a better long-term solution.

Pixxelluxx

Post by Pixxelluxx » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:02 pm

Lorenzooone wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:49 pm
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:43 pm
Lorenzooone wrote:

Yeah, this is something which I've noticed as well, due to my Italian keyboard... :/
The temporary solution I personally did is changing the constants to other keys I can actually use. You can find them here: https://github.com/Lorenzooone/xx3dsfml ... l.cpp#L511
Though I'd like to work on a better long-term solution.
Changing the Keys worked, thank you.
I would suggest reading the Keys from the config file, that way one can change the Keys without recompiling