Re: xx3dsfml Multi-platform N3DSXL Capture Software Audio Update

Post by Lorenzooone » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:57 pm

Pixxelluxx wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:02 pm
Lorenzooone wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:49 pm
Pixxelluxx wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:43 pm

After my previous reply I played around a bit, obs works with it, i can split the screen, but the scaling keys "- key: Decrements the scaling by 0.5x for the focused window. 1.0x is the minimum.
= key: Increments the scaling by 0.5x for the focused window. 4.5x is the maximum." do not work for me
Yeah, this is something which I've noticed as well, due to my Italian keyboard... :/
The temporary solution I personally did is changing the constants to other keys I can actually use. You can find them here: https://github.com/Lorenzooone/xx3dsfml ... l.cpp#L511
Though I'd like to work on a better long-term solution.
Changing the Keys worked, thank you.
I would suggest reading the Keys from the config file, that way one can change the Keys without recompiling
Yeah, that's the plan.
In the meantime, I've switched the way the input is processed.
It should work regardless of keyboard layout now. Just type the character as you normally would.

static_zero

Post by static_zero » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:25 pm

Hi All!

First off, just wanted to apologize for my extended absence here. Even though I've been quite busy, the code had still been under development, just very intermittently. There's been a number of things that I've been unhappy about regarding it and so decided to effectively rewrite it recently. Now that that's done, I popped back in and was surprised to see just how much activity there's been here!

To anyone that's been having trouble with this, I just wanted to say sorry for not being around to assist. I also want to thank Lorezooone for all of the work you've put in in supporting this. Your commitment to this has been commendable to say the least.

Anyway, the update I put out just yesterday will likely be the last one. If I'm going to continue to work on supporting this capture board, it's probably going to be using lower level frameworks like OpenGL and OpenAL directly rather than using an interface like SFML. The whole thing has got me feeling like this was all just a big waste of time, and I kinda wish I wasn't so quick to pick one of these up and start developing for it in the first place to be honest. Oh well, it is what it is I guess.

At any rate, I see that Lorenzooone has spun up a new project to support this capture board using SFML just the same as this project has been. It'd probably make the most sense to just use that over this I'm guessing. It's really great that there's been enough interest to generate so much activity in supporting systems other than Windows for this. It really does end up benefiting everyone, so best of luck to you with the new project and thanks again to you and to everyone who has used and supported my work here. It really does mean a lot to me.

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

@static_zero: Definitely, absolutely, positively appreciate you kicking the framework up and giving us non-Windows users some hope for the future of using our capture devices. Before this, there was essentially no movement whatsoever on Mac options, and it seemed like it was just going to become dead. This current state was too hard for me to decipher, but it will absolutely improve with the handoff.

@Lorenzooone: That said, thank you for picking this up so it still has development! As mentioned, everyone contributing the skills I don't have to this is greatly appreciated. I bought this capture card well over a year or 2 ago, and it's been sitting here collecting dust. I was worried about inventory drying up so I purchased it, but I haven't been able to actually use it.

I'd still like to reiterate great interest in a pre-packaged app release for this down the line. I get it's not something the framework is built for right now, but as is, there's way too many command line techy stuff with plugins and permissions you have to go digging for yourself and finding out how to install properly. It doesn't have to be immediately, but it would be great if there could at least be a word here saying if this would someday get a GitHub releases page with a Mac executable pre-packed and usable for us general public folk, that'd give me (and I'm pretty sure others) something to look forward to.

Thanks again for all this.