Give cap cards distinguishable names on PC?

ShinyKiwi

Give cap cards distinguishable names on PC?

Post by ShinyKiwi » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:50 pm

Hey! I was wondering if its possible to give cap cards a specific name that can be used for OBS. So that OBS doesnt duplicate a source but uses just that specific cap card when its turned on. Basically like cap card 1 is one source, cap card 2 is another source and so on. Is that possible? Cause atm OBS cant distinguish between different cap cards and sometimes duplicates one as it sees it as the same source basically. Thanks!

PokerAgeAH

Re: Give cap cards distinguishable names on PC?

Post by PokerAgeAH » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:03 pm

I use 4 Capture Cards when I stream and the short answer is No. Since OBS Captures the Capture software not the device they are basically indistinguishable in OBS. What you want to do is set OBS to either Match the window or match the source. apologies I cant remember the exact terminology OBS uses as im away from PC ATM. But its the 3rd box down when configuring the window source.

ShinyKiwi

Re: Give cap cards distinguishable names on PC?

Post by ShinyKiwi » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:31 pm

Thanks for your answer! Yeah I already do the "Match exact window" but it still duplicates it sometimes. What worked for me now is to set up a macro in my streamdeck with delays. Takes like 20 seconds in total for my 6x setup but it unhides the ds source in obs, then starts the ds capture window and then has a short delay before it repeats it for the other 5. Works like a charm now and I dont have to do it manually, just with the press of a button.