Graphical hiccup

Akeyla

Graphical hiccup

Post by Akeyla » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:44 am

I've been streaming recently because of the upcoming closure and my capture card just randomly flickers. I suspected it was my flimsy USB cable and changed to a sturdier one but it keeps giving me graphical hiccups. Footage was captured with me not even moving or touching the 3DS. I've been travelling lately so the 3DS has been on somewhat of a rugged journey but thankfully it still works and hope the travels didn't mess with the capture board inside or USB contact. My capture card is one of the first batch of N3DSXL testing units if that means anything.

On another note, I downloaded and used 5.3 software but every option under Output Device has been replaced with just one, "(system default)", so went back to using 5.2.

Graphical hiccup that occurs every couple of minutes or less. https://files.catbox.moe/24gj92.mp4 (around the 5 second mark)

Edit: Forgot to add. Not related to my initial post but I figure I'll just mention it for thoroughness. I also tried plugging the capture card's USB to a USB hub that's connected to my computer and while that does work, when OBS is turned on, the screen display goes black on OBS and the 3ds_capture program. When OBS is closed, everything shows up again.

Akeyla

Re: Graphical hiccup

Post by Akeyla » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:15 am

Is there any way to go about fixing this? Every couple of seconds my screen flickers and distorts and I can't even make a clean recording because it even shows up in my video file. I'll gladly pay for costs of fixing if it's possible.

ChrisCube

Re: Graphical hiccup

Post by ChrisCube » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 am

Just finished my install moments ago and am getting the EXACT same issue... Really hoping to find a solution soon...