Original DS loopy capture card audio issues

Tommy717

Original DS loopy capture card audio issues

Post by Tommy717 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:52 pm

I posted this in tech support, just in case that was the wrong spot I’m gonna post it here in General.

I’m having an issue with my computer not recognizing the 3.5mm Aux Audio Cable. I’m using an HP-all-in-one-22-C0xx computer and I’m putting the audio cable in the headset jack since that’s the only compatible opening for the cable to connect to, but when I go into the mixer settings the only options I’m getting are the built in mic option that’s always there and stereo mix option which is also always there. So I’ve already tried a few things like I know the audio cable works because I plugged it into the headset jack with a headset and I get audio from the computer. I also have all disabled devices and unconnected devices checked so I should see it if it was recognizing it. Does anyone have other recommendations I might not have tried yet?

lololrofl

Re: Original DS loopy capture card audio issues

Post by lololrofl » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:13 pm

You need to plug it into a Line-In port (the port is typically coloured blue. mic is red, speakers are green etc). I do not think an all-in-one PC would have the port. It's possible that the mic port may double as a line-in port in software, but it looks like you've already been through some of your audio settings, and it sounds like the only port you have for 3.5mm is the headset combo jack.

You would definitely need a sound card to get audio from the DS into your computer. Since you have an AIO PC, you are limited to external sound cards only. You have lots of inexpensive options, I did a quick search and stumbled on this one: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-7-1 ... 002LM0U2S/
Definitely overkill for your use, but I couldn't find anything that just did Line-In.

Tommy717

Post by Tommy717 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:46 am

Last edited by Tommy717 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tommy717

Post by Tommy717 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:52 am

lololrofl wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:13 pm
You need to plug it into a Line-In port (the port is typically coloured blue. mic is red, speakers are green etc). I do not think an all-in-one PC would have the port. It's possible that the mic port may double as a line-in port in software, but it looks like you've already been through some of your audio settings, and it sounds like the only port you have for 3.5mm is the headset combo jack.

You would definitely need a sound card to get audio from the DS into your computer. Since you have an AIO PC, you are limited to external sound cards only. You have lots of inexpensive options, I did a quick search and stumbled on this one: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-7-1 ... 002LM0U2S/
Definitely overkill for your use, but I couldn't find anything that just did Line-In.
Ok I understand now. So as long as the sound card I buy has a “line in” optional I should be able to get sound?

Edit: Thank you so much this worked perfectly I appreciate the help!