Optimal use for recording in OBS?

Drakodan

Optimal use for recording in OBS?

Post by Drakodan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:55 pm

Good evening,

I have a similar query to a different thread, but didn't want to piggyback off it since it's a bit different in nature.

My DS capture has been working perfectly since it arrived, and I use it to capture the preview window in OBS, and broadcast from there. It was indicated that the Video Settings in the software don't apply to the preview window and presumably are only for the recording function, so is there anything I can change if I feel that the output on OBS is choppy or it appears that there are framerate stutters compared to something like an emulator window?

Or am I wrong in using the preview window this way and there's a better method for me to use the software to get my game feed to OBS?

PokerAgeAH

Re: Optimal use for recording in OBS?

Post by PokerAgeAH » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 pm

As far as I am aware, as well as in my own personal experience, it sounds like you are doing this the best way possible.
When it comes to video capture in OBS you are capturing the preview window which appears to be the best method. When it comes to choppyness and stutters make sure that your ports and contacts are as clean as possible and make sure that you arent overtasking your video card/CPU becuase that can also lead to stutters.
I hope this helps and lmk if you have anymore questions