Has anyone experimented making a game boy macro with a capture card?

realpkmnmaster

Has anyone experimented making a game boy macro with a capture card?

Post by realpkmnmaster » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:40 pm

I've always wanted a Game boy with a capture card and I plan on making a Game Boy Macro using a broken OG DS. My question is will any of the hardware or software break if it notices that I don't have a top screen on my DS? Thanks!

Elysium

Re: Has anyone experimented making a game boy macro with a capture card?

Post by Elysium » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 pm

It'll work. I haven't tried the screen swap mod though. Would be cool if you could have the top screen maximized on the monitor, bottom screen in hand, and swapping between the two.

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?t ... ping.1675/

oak46

Post by oak46 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:50 pm

Gameboy macro works. I've been using my OGDS turned into a Macro for both DS and GBA capture for about a year now iirc without issue

As long as the Macro is working when you send it in, with the top screen properly bypassed by the resistor, the top screen can be captured just fine

And yeah, you can display it where the monitor is the top screen and you're still using the touch screen. I do that a lot, especially with the Pokémon games including the Pokémon Ranger games

oak46

Post by oak46 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:50 pm

Gameboy macro works. I've been using my OGDS turned into a Macro for both DS and GBA capture for about a year now iirc without issue

As long as the Macro is working when you send it in, with the top screen properly bypassed by the resistor, the top screen can be captured just fine

And yeah, you can display it where the monitor is the top screen and you're still using the touch screen. I do that a lot, especially with the Pokémon games including the Pokémon Ranger games