3DS connection choppy and cutting out

Grylvak

3DS connection choppy and cutting out

Post by Grylvak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:43 am

Currently I am having issues where the 3ds when plugged into my computer is choppy and cutting out frequently. I tried posting to Tech Support in the past but I was apparently blocked for some time.

I have tried on other computers, ports, and cables but the issue seems to be with the board or connector. Anyone have anything I can try to resolve this?

Video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd2BazG ... e=youtu.be

Note/Edit: If this could be moved to Tech Support that would be great. I tried making this thread thinking I would be blocked again.

Thanks

Blizzard_Fox

Re: 3DS connection choppy and cutting out

Post by Blizzard_Fox » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:10 pm

It sounds like the capture card ribbon cable may be damaged, or the usb connection is starting to wear down. I would try contacting loopy if you think it’s the usb connection, but I would also recommend to check the ribbon cable.

Grylvak

Post by Grylvak » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 am

Blizzard_Fox wrote:It sounds like the capture card ribbon cable may be damaged, or the usb connection is starting to wear down. I would try contacting loopy if you think it’s the usb connection, but I would also recommend to check the ribbon cable.
Tried reaching out to Loopy twice now directly but hadn't heard back yet. I'll probably DM him again now that I know I can post on the forum again.

Just checked the ribbon cable and it looks to fully be in and the clamp is down. Pulled it out and put it back in but the same happened.

Blizzard_Fox

Post by Blizzard_Fox » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 am

If you haven’t already, I would also test with different cables just in case the one you’re using is the possible problem. I had this problem with my own 3ds capture card. I only changed the usb cable, and it ran smoothly from then on. If the other cables don’t seem to fix the problem, I would check both, the usb port on your computer, or the port on the capture card itself for any damages, or wear on the soldering.

Grylvak

Post by Grylvak » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Blizzard_Fox wrote:If you haven’t already, I would also test with different cables just in case the one you’re using is the possible problem. I had this problem with my own 3ds capture card. I only changed the usb cable, and it ran smoothly from then on. If the other cables don’t seem to fix the problem, I would check both, the usb port on your computer, or the port on the capture card itself for any damages, or wear on the soldering.
Sadly I have tried different cables, different USB ports and different computers altogether.