Still No Sound on Original Ds

bronteluvssecrets

Still No Sound on Original Ds

Post by bronteluvssecrets » Wed May 06, 2020 8:31 am

Hi,

I have my Ds set up on a Razer laptop, I have stereo mix and the Microphone up, but I still can't hear anything in the playback?? Is someone able to help???

triple_lei

Re: Still No Sound on Original Ds

Post by triple_lei » Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm

The DS capture card doesn't do audio over USB like the 3DS capture card. You need a line-in port, or a device that gives you a line-in port.

I used a "Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1095" back in the day but those have gone up in price for some reason, so try your luck with some of the cheaper alternatives on eBay.

bronteluvssecrets

Post by bronteluvssecrets » Thu May 07, 2020 9:32 am

I do use a Male to Male adapter, is that the same? When I got my capture card in January, I don't know how, but after playing around with my sound for a bit I some how got the audio to work.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Thu May 07, 2020 10:56 am

No, but this is the cheapest solution I would spend money on for the line in:

https://www.amazon.com/Ebetter-External ... 07BT6CM6Q/

bronteluvssecrets

Post by bronteluvssecrets » Fri May 08, 2020 9:32 am

When I got my capture card in January, After playing around with the sound I some how got it to work but never again, so I know it works somehow, I just don't remember how I got it to work.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Fri May 08, 2020 10:55 pm

Did you try changing your sound input device? I have not touched my ds capture card in awhile, but I can check it out and see if I can figure it out.

bronteluvssecrets

Post by bronteluvssecrets » Sat May 09, 2020 4:11 am

Thank you, I know it works somehow without the fancy equipment, I just can't remember how. I used to use my computer now I am using a laptop

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 pm

OK..... so if it worked on your computer it is because you had a line in port. If you can't get it to work on a laptop its most likely because the laptop is just a headphone jack, not a line in port. In which case you would need to buy the external line in port that someone suggested to you

bronteluvssecrets

Post by bronteluvssecrets » Sun May 10, 2020 8:06 am

So does that mean I unplug my speaker and plug in the male to male cord in it's place? When I somehow got the sound the first time I was on my PC, But when I struggled to get the sound back, I thought of setting up on my laptop. I just know that somehow, by just using a male to male cord, by playing around with my sound settings and un plugging a few things here and there, I somehow got it to work with the other equipment.