dll error and VC++ Won't install

dragon_nyx

dll error and VC++ Won't install

Post by dragon_nyx » Sun May 26, 2024 8:48 am

Hello,

I'm setting up my (old, original) 3DS capture on my new PC, and I got the MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll errors, so I downloaded the VC++ Redistributable installer and tried to install it, but I keep getting an error saying "another installation process is running," which causes the installation to fail. I don't have anything else installing to my knowledge, and I've tried just about every troubleshooting tip on the windows support forums (restarting, clean boot, manually stopping Windows installer, manually turning on windows installer), with no luck. Does anyone know of a potential solution? I'm on Windows 11.

dragon_nyx

Re: dll error and VC++ Won't install

Post by dragon_nyx » Sun May 26, 2024 11:37 pm

UPDATE: In case anyone is reading this with the same issue, I installed an all-in-one Visual C++ software, which downloads a whole suite of Redistributable releases and that seemed to force the installation. Now my 3DS capture can run with no issue! I'd still love to know if anyone know a proper fix instead of this workaround, but wanted to make sure this was known in case anyone encounters this in the future.