Mac version?

TRS

Re: Mac version?

Post by TRS » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:53 pm

MKGirlism wrote:Content ID doesn't see a difference in length, they look at Videos that match even 1 second of whatever the one who has access to Content ID, and if so, Claim!
From my experiences, this is false. I have a couple of NSMB videos that play its grassland theme that have not triggered the Content ID system. The ones that have triggered it have all played the theme for at least one loop.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Well, I've Uploaded "My Time" from Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai (3DS game) 3 times on 3 different Channels, and they got all hit on the part where Miku shows hearts (right in front of the last refrain).

(The Claim was from "Original Creators", not Nintendo, by the way.)

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 am

I can't help but feel this is going really off topic... Maybe you should talk about this in a different thread...

Meanwhile I feel that the Mac application is getting really nice. I do need to discuss a few things with Loopy, but he did not reply yet so you will have to wait...

Some highlights of currently (partially) implemented features:
  • -Video recording to MPEG4 using H264 (Supported format for basically any Mac application that deals with video) in different quality levels.
    -Live resizing
    -Screenshot taking (either PNG or JPEG)
    -Full screen mode
    -Different layouts (also live switching of layouts)
    -Support for custom layout plugins (Useful when you want to add graphics for a video that you record for a YouTube channel, for instance)
    -Other small details (Things you may take for granted, but really aren't. For instance, allowing for customizability through preferences. Those take up a lot of time to do in my experience.)
Features that need to be implemented/done before release:
  • -Full hardware support (This sounds a bit vague, but I'll spare the details)
    -Audio recording in the video (started work on that, I record audio, but I cannot combine it with the video yet)
    -Different FPS options (currently only 60fps, but it is rather hard to add others because of timing)
    -HUD for full screen mode
    -Final testing (I may ask people here to help)
It is currently active in development, so it should not take too long anymore. It depends a bit on when Loopy responds to my private messages. If that happens then I can give you a release date.

My question to you now is, what amount of FPS do you currently use in the windows version or would you like to have? If you feel that having only an option for 60fps is enough then it reduces the amount of work I have to put into it. My question is basically whether this should be a high priority.

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Smooch wrote:I can't help but feel this is going really off topic... Maybe you should talk about this in a different thread...

Meanwhile I feel that the Mac application is getting really nice. I do need to discuss a few things with Loopy, but he did not reply yet so you will have to wait...

Some highlights of currently (partially) implemented features:
  • -Video recording to MPEG4 using H264 (Supported format for basically any Mac application that deals with video) in different quality levels.
    -Live resizing
    -Screenshot taking (either PNG or JPEG)
    -Full screen mode
    -Different layouts (also live switching of layouts)
    -Support for custom layout plugins (Useful when you want to add graphics for a video that you record for a YouTube channel, for instance)
    -Other small details (Things you may take for granted, but really aren't. For instance, allowing for customizability through preferences. Those take up a lot of time to do in my experience.)
Features that need to be implemented/done before release:
  • -Full hardware support (This sounds a bit vague, but I'll spare the details)
    -Audio recording in the video (started work on that, I record audio, but I cannot combine it with the video yet)
    -Different FPS options (currently only 60fps, but it is rather hard to add others because of timing)
    -HUD for full screen mode
    -Final testing (I may ask people here to help)
It is currently active in development, so it should not take too long anymore. It depends a bit on when Loopy responds to my private messages. If that happens then I can give you a release date.

My question to you now is, what amount of FPS do you currently use in the windows version or would you like to have? If you feel that having only an option for 60fps is enough then it reduces the amount of work I have to put into it. My question is basically whether this should be a high priority.
Thanks for all the hard work Smooch! We really cannot wait until this gets released! In my opinion I think 60FPS is the best choice because the majority of the people using this are gonna upload to YouTube or do live streams which will make the video 30FPS so it really wouldn't matter.

gamingwayhd

Post by gamingwayhd » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:15 pm

So very excited for this, thank you so much, Smooch. You are a life saver :)

silvermoon551

Post by silvermoon551 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 pm

wow, so much progress on this in only a month! I need to save up for a capture boarded 3DS, I know that much.

TRS

Post by TRS » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:03 am

poketon96 wrote:In my opinion I think 60FPS is the best choice because the majority of the people using this are gonna upload to YouTube or do live streams which will make the video 30FPS so it really wouldn't matter.
If the majority of people are going to use this just to upload to places that force the video to be 30 FPS, then that should clearly be an option. Why would I record with 60 FPS when I can use 30 FPS and get a smaller filesize?

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:51 am

TRS wrote:
poketon96 wrote:In my opinion I think 60FPS is the best choice because the majority of the people using this are gonna upload to YouTube or do live streams which will make the video 30FPS so it really wouldn't matter.
If the majority of people are going to use this just to upload to places that force the video to be 30 FPS, then that should clearly be an option. Why would I record with 60 FPS when I can use 30 FPS and get a smaller filesize?
Because he said 60fps is the easiest to add. Other fps would take longer

TRS

Post by TRS » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 am

Smooch was asking for opinions. All I was stating was that I believe since a lot of people record just to upload to websites that lower the FPS to 30, then a 30 FPS recording option is a necessity due to the fact that that roughly halves the resulting video's file size.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 pm

TRS wrote:...roughly halves the resulting video's file size.
I beg to differ, the compression methods work very well with frames that are almost identical to previous frames, which is the case mostly for the removed frames from 60fps to 30fps. Meaning this will result in far less than doubling the file size.

I will note it as a requested feature however, but I agree with poketon96 that it should not be a high priority. Although, adding 30fps should be easy as that is just skipping every second frame from input. It's the 60 -> 25 fps conversion (for PAL compatibility) that is hard. I consider it not really a file size problem, but more of a video editing problem I guess.