Instalation video?

Raginginfernape

Instalation video?

Post by Raginginfernape » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:06 am

Hey Loopy I was wondering if you could show a installation video on YouTube or something and maybe sell the boards separately so that it will be cheaper and easer for you to manage these insane requests. Not to mention how much happier the clients will be now that they don't have to wait close to a week or so to get it installed.

silvermoon551

Re: Instalation video?

Post by silvermoon551 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 am

you are aware that such a procedure would likely involve more than simply plugging in a few cables and screwing a few things in place, right? I'd imagine that this is some hardcore electronics work, including soldering connections and where one false move would mean that the capture board (And possibly the 3DS as well) would both be ruined.

Raginginfernape

Post by Raginginfernape » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 am

silvermoon551 wrote:you are aware that such a procedure would likely involve more than simply plugging in a few cables and screwing a few things in place, right? I'd imagine that this is some hardcore electronics work, including soldering connections and where one false move would mean that the capture board (And possibly the 3DS as well) would both be ruined.

I am not saying to remove the option for him to install it I am just wondering if another option were to be created so that people with steady hands and/or anyone that feels like they can do it could have the option to do so. I am sure that he will worn them if he decides to post an installation video.

silvermoon551

Post by silvermoon551 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 am

I'm not saying that he should remove that option, either. it's just that he probably wants to avoid liability issues that could arise from people attempting to install the capture board themselves. he does link to a website that sells the boards, but also says to be wary. he doesn't sell the boards by themselves on the site, as far as I can tell.

Pelon1071

Post by Pelon1071 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:08 am

He sold the board as a stand alone option but took it off because of the high fail rate. You can still buy the self-install kit but you have to PM Loopy about that.
If you want to see how it is installed you can go here.
Cheese

Raginginfernape

Post by Raginginfernape » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Pelon1071 wrote:He sold the board as a stand alone option but took it off because of the high fail rate. You can still buy the self-install kit but you have to PM Loopy about that.
If you want to see how it is installed you can go here.
Oh wow did not even know this existed, thanks for the info too.

Eir

Post by Eir » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:25 pm

That link http://3dscapture.com/install/ appears to be for the standard 3ds, is there a similar page for the 3ds xl (ll)?

Raginginfernape

Post by Raginginfernape » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Eir wrote:That link http://3dscapture.com/install/ appears to be for the standard 3ds, is there a similar page for the 3ds xl (ll)?
I don't think there is a capture devise for the XL version but you can try to look it up or ask Pelon.

Eir

Post by Eir » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Sorry, I was just starting to look into this and was confused with a similarly named, but different site called 3dsvideocapture.com, which I presume is this "Katsukity" people mention. It refers to some Japanese blog, but I wasn't able to find any real details on how they install it to an XL. I tried contacting directly, but they were not too helpful. I read conflicting reports that the IR bar is removed and no longer functions with their install, but my Japanese is poor so I couldn't really figure out the full story on that.

Anyways I have some standard 3ds's lying around that I got at launch. There was an unfortunate major defect in the 3ds standard line where the bottom screen sharp edge can cause minor damage to the top screen if it sometimes closes too tightly or abruptly. So unfortunately, every 3ds I had experienced that issue eventually unless I kept some kind of cloth in between the screens. It's not too noticeable unless the device is off and in bright sunlight at an angle. They manifest as small dots or lines on the screen's surface.

Currently I use an XL (which solved this problem with a different design on the top screen bumpers).

Long story short, I have some light screen damaged 3ds's that I don't really use much and wouldn't mind tinkering and/or ruining them if I could get the self-install kit for some reasonable price. I'm not looking to spend a few hundred dollars to make some youtube videos, though. If that makes any sense. Sorry for the long post.

Raginginfernape

Post by Raginginfernape » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Eir wrote:Sorry, I was just starting to look into this and was confused with a similarly named, but different site called 3dsvideocapture.com, which I presume is this "Katsukity" people mention. It refers to some Japanese blog, but I wasn't able to find any real details on how they install it to an XL. I tried contacting directly, but they were not too helpful. I read conflicting reports that the IR bar is removed and no longer functions with their install, but my Japanese is poor so I couldn't really figure out the full story on that.

Anyways I have some standard 3ds's lying around that I got at launch. There was an unfortunate major defect in the 3ds standard line where the bottom screen sharp edge can cause minor damage to the top screen if it sometimes closes too tightly or abruptly. So unfortunately, every 3ds I had experienced that issue eventually unless I kept some kind of cloth in between the screens. It's not too noticeable unless the device is off and in bright sunlight at an angle. They manifest as small dots or lines on the screen's surface.

Currently I use an XL (which solved this problem with a different design on the top screen bumpers).

Long story short, I have some light screen damaged 3ds's that I don't really use much and wouldn't mind tinkering and/or ruining them if I could get the self-install kit for some reasonable price. I'm not looking to spend a few hundred dollars to make some youtube videos, though. If that makes any sense. Sorry for the long post.
Man I have the same problem! My 3DS keeps having two lines when I open it due to the end of the bottom screen! Anyway a good way to keep the top screen from getting damaged is by using the screen protectors (I know I have never used them before but they have a use now!). However there are still two lines that appear but it would damage my top screen so easily. Also I was informed that you could pm loopy to buy the installation kit separately but I am not sure if he will do it or not.