Guess we should be glad that this isn't happening to Loopy

desocietas

Re: Guess we should be glad that this isn't happening to Loo

Post by desocietas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:31 pm

LVNeptune wrote:Yea...I'm not even sure what I'm getting into. This streaming scene seems like a bunch of teenage kids who have no grasp on reality. I literally had to ban 3 and almost 4 users within 10 minutes of starting a stream. That whole scene is ridiculous. I read through those threads and wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
Streaming itself isn't bad, but the titles you may choose to stream may certainly pull in folks you may not want to deal with. Certain games tend to pull in trolls of all sorts while other games don't. I've been streaming mostly RPGs and lesser known titles, and all the new folks who've come by have been awesome.

Bigger and/or competitive games/titles seem to bring in the sort who say crap like "get gud" or try to be "helpful" and backseat the entire time.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:31 pm

Seems that way. It's like that anywhere it's just hard to not take it personal when you are broadcasting to random strangers

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:33 pm

LVNeptune wrote:Seems that way. It's like that anywhere it's just hard to not take it personal when you are broadcasting to random strangers
Yeah, totally. But hopefully you have a trusted moderator or two and can let those things roll off of you. You're exposing yourself, of course, esp if you have a webcam on.

SabinMoon

Post by SabinMoon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

LVNeptune wrote:Yea...I'm not even sure what I'm getting into. This streaming scene seems like a bunch of teenage kids who have no grasp on reality. I literally had to ban 3 and almost 4 users within 10 minutes of starting a stream. That whole scene is ridiculous. I read through those threads and wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
I feel similar to that sentiment.

Where can I see your material? Do you have a youtube channel?

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:10 pm

I only just started. I have a general technology and multirotor youtube channel and a new one I just created but haven't publically published anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOpJkmi ... PDYmgqwSBg so far the only thing I've created but only have published it around to a few people for constructive criticism.

SabinMoon

Post by SabinMoon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:18 pm

LVNeptune wrote:I only just started. I have a general technology and multirotor youtube channel and a new one I just created but haven't publically published anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOpJkmi ... PDYmgqwSBg so far the only thing I've created but only have published it around to a few people for constructive criticism.
Awesome! Thanks man, I'm watching right now.

I just started a new channel as well, and I intend to create Legend of Zelda videos with a 3DS XL capture card (when loopy releases them)
https://www.youtube.com/user/LegendofNewbie

---

On topic:

The whole Mew2King just sounds like somebody with a false sense of importance and power. I'm sure there were issues on both sides, but you can't deny the inflated egos that you find from the competitive Smash scene here in the States. Smh.

EMegamanu

Post by EMegamanu » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Attachments
katsu.jpg
katsu.jpg (142.03 KiB) Viewed 2014 times

GadgetGirlKylie

Post by GadgetGirlKylie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:34 am

To be honest this seems like Kalma to me. People aren't doing this because they are happy, Katsukity should look at there quality, service and policy. When i saw this on Twitter i didn't feel sorry for Katsukity at all.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1922 (My experience)

I'm really not happy with my experience with Katsukity. My board broke after less than 55 hours use. I have owned it less than two months and used it for about three weeks, but Katsukity said they only offer one month warranty and free repair.....disgusting service in my opinion.

There Vita capture card also arrived loose at the usb port, to make it work requires selotape all around the connection. For £300 a per mod, i expect better quality and service.

Thankfully Loopy is awesome and is willing to look at mine for me, to try and repair it.

I will put together a review of Katsukitys 3DS XL mod and service. My channel is almost at 32,000 subscribers so i think it can help get the word out about how bad the mod is, to at least help some people. Going to make mine pretty factual, despite being annoyed. People can make up there own minds with the information i give.

skunk

Post by skunk » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:40 am

I understand a lot of people have issues with the "elitism" that is found generally in smash. However, you can't just look at this from your own perspective. SSBM is a widely competitive game, dying to most general (younger and/or noncompetitive) audiences due to how old it is/ the technical skill barriers found in the game. The ones that have been currently playing smash (melee) are the ones who watch pro smash, learn how to tech, spend time learning "input barriers" (a term regulars like to throw around with elitism) such as wavedashing and generally, the finer points of the game (or bugs in the system, as some like to say). These guys are of course, the first ones to come in and watch your channels because it interests them the most.

Let's face it. These guys have spent many more hours playing smash up til this point then what youve played on sm4sh. Noone has the right to outright flame you but you've got to understand that criticism will come your way just because of the amount these people have played competitively. It's not cool at all but I believe that its understandable and anyone who does stream Sm4sh should have some understanding of that.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:37 pm

skunk wrote:Let's face it. These guys have spent many more hours playing smash up til this point then what youve played on sm4sh. Noone has the right to outright flame you but you've got to understand that criticism will come your way just because of the amount these people have played competitively. It's not cool at all but I believe that its understandable and anyone who does stream Sm4sh should have some understanding of that.
I highly doubt that the only people who watch streams of competitively played games happen to play the games competitively themselves. Don't pretend trolls don't exist.