Sold out?

apo_tv

Re: Sold out?

Post by apo_tv » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 am

desocietas wrote:
apo_tv wrote:Seems like Loopy won't produce Old 3ds capture cards anymore.

Now, does that mean he will stop, or will he announce the New 3ds capture cards, make your bets.
?

I don't think he'll stop making the original 3ds capture cards. He's been sold out before; usually because I assume you have to set a quantity with PayPal and when it runs out, it'll mark it as sold out. In the past, he just added more to the PayPal quantity or needed to order more boards from his supplier.
he told Stefan from Merki he won't be making Old3DS cards anymore. I'm just relaying informations :P

mapizzafood

Post by mapizzafood » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:44 pm

apo_tv wrote: he told Stefan from Merki he won't be making Old3DS cards anymore. I'm just relaying informations :P
According to a post made here, this seems to be accurate.

Interestingly enough, Loopy's order page still shows that Old 3DS board installations are still in stock. If I had to guess, Loopy might just be waiting for his current stock to sell out before releasing New 3DS XL boards. However, Tecd0c hasn't been updated on the progress of the new boards yet, so it's still hard to say.

I hope Loopy makes an update soon to clarify what is going on with board installations in the future. I can only imagine how confusing this must be for Merki's customers.

gazeebo

Post by gazeebo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:47 pm

I just ordered a 3ds capture card with my 3ds being in the mail.
Loopy restocked his paypal page, why would he do this if he no longer has 3ds capture cards?

mapizzafood

Post by mapizzafood » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:38 pm

gazeebo wrote:I just ordered a 3ds capture card with my 3ds being in the mail.
Loopy restocked his paypal page, why would he do this if he no longer has 3ds capture cards?
To clarify, Loopy's European distributor (Merki) seems to be out of stock of original 3DS boards. Loopy still has boards, but anyone doing business through Merki/Tecd0c is unable to get a board installed since Loopy is apparently not sending any more Old 3DS boards to Tecd0c.

Since Loopy still has stock, your board will still be installed like it normally would. From the sounds of it, board installations are only sold out for those people that are looking to do business with Merki.

apo_tv

Post by apo_tv » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:39 pm

mapizzafood wrote: Interestingly enough, Loopy's order page still shows that Old 3DS board installations are still in stock. If I had to guess, Loopy might just be waiting for his current stock to sell out before releasing New 3DS XL boards.
Probably this. What's weird is the business seems to work pretty well, would be weird to stop just like that. Especially with such high demand.
mapizzafood wrote: I hope Loopy makes an update soon to clarify what is going on with board installations in the future. I can only imagine how confusing this must be for Merki's customers.
Yes, this is very confusing for us. An update, even with bad news, is better than no update at all. I hope Loopy will change his communication habits :)

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:19 pm

How long does it usually take? Mine has only been with him for 9 days. But Extra Life is around he corner. Lol. No worries. I can find a Plan B.

whirlingwolf

Post by whirlingwolf » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:24 am

I just tried purchasing an installation, but I got a message on PayPal that the installation is sold out. I ordered a 3DS this week just for this installation. It would of been nice of Loopy to have clearly communicated on his site whether they were sold out or not. I hope this is only temporary.

gazeebo

Post by gazeebo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:14 pm

I received an email through paypal that my package has been sent back to me, it was with him for only 2 days.
USPS tracking says it's at my local post office waiting to be delivered so when I get off work hopefully there'll be a package sitting on my doorstep.
I dropped my package off at the post office September 8th, at night, so they probably didn't process it until the 9th. Getting it back on the 16th, that's pretty quick.

bubbleteagamer

Post by bubbleteagamer » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Hey there...I want to buy a 3ds capture card. Is it true about Loopy not making 3ds capture card systems anymore?! I hope that it's not true cause I would love to avoid KatsuKitty if at all possible.

gazeebo

Post by gazeebo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:25 pm

I have no idea, I ordered mine on the same day I started hearing that rumor.