XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Just posting as an "Anonymous Coward", but wanted to show support as well.

I'm much happier waiting a bit longer for a good product that gets improvements (like Gran Turismo 5) and not a product thrown out the door with lots missing (like NHL '15).

MinPro

3ds Capture Board

Post by MinPro » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 pm

When do you expect to receive 3ds capture board ?
before November ?

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Is there ANY update on the 3DS XL captureboard?
Are you waiting on boards or is there a problem with the software?
Just wondering, because I could of sworn 2-3 months ago I saw a picture of a 3DS XL captureboard working, I just figured we were waiting on the boards to be made or something along those lines.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Guest wrote:Is there ANY update on the 3DS XL captureboard?
Just wondering, because I could of sworn 2-3 months ago I saw a picture of a 3DS XL captureboard working, I just figured we were waiting on the boards to be made or something along those lines.
He posted in this thread last week (it's in the page prior to this one) that it's almost done but he can't give any more info other than that. He's been doing installations for Smash, so work on the XL boards has been halted for the time being.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:03 am

desocietas wrote:
Guest wrote:Is there ANY update on the 3DS XL captureboard?
He posted in this thread last week (it's in the page prior to this one) that it's almost done but he can't give any more info other than that. He's been doing installations for Smash, so work on the XL boards has been halted for the time being.
In addition to loopy doing that, some of you need to realize that he's a one man army in a battle of installations and developing new things, coupled with extra real life stuff, you just need to wait. He'll get to it when he does, it'll take time but it'll get done.

someonewhodied

Post by someonewhodied » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:43 pm

For the new 3DS can we assume that the mod will have a custom bottom faceplate for a capture device?

It seems like it would be pretty cool.

Have a bottom faceplate with the 3ds capture installed that has a little jack that plugs into a port that you mod into the n3ds. And it would be removable if you wanted to swap the bottom faceplate temporarily.

(I mean i still probably wouldn't remove it as there is no reason to, its purely for the novelty of it)

vahnx

Post by vahnx » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:13 pm

I've been contemplating getting a 3DS XL capture card lately but with the new 3DS coming out... I think I'll just wait and order the new 3DS with one built in.

Lumario

Post by Lumario » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:21 am

A few Questions Loopy:

-Will your new rev card for XL/NN3DS/NN3DS-XL charge the 3DS as well?
-Will it be USB3 native?

The first question I'm curious about. The Katsukity card I have for the normal 3DS at present charges over USB, although I think I should be a little concerned that the battery is fed a lower voltage whilst charging, possibly resulting in not holding the charge as well? (anyone that is a better expert on batteries feel free to explain this to me).

I'm saving my pennies too for one of these new rev cards, especially after hearing some pretty unsatisfactory repair/support issues regarding katsukity (I've had my card working fine since I got it back in April, but part of me does anticipate a rainy day and a want for a NN3DS capture card anyway)

shadowofchaos

Post by shadowofchaos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:41 am

This is really just another reason for me to hate region locks.

Just take my entire wallet, Loopy. Haha.

Greenalink

Post by Greenalink » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 pm

I've found a blog of someone taking images of the new3DS system's motherboard.
I'm guessing it is the regular size, not the XL/LL size.

http://jegeekjeplay.blogspot.co.uk/2014 ... l?spref=tw