N3DS progress..

sasook

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by sasook » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:12 pm

Strawberts wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 9:03 pm
Really excited about these N3DSxl capture cards, I do have a question for Loopy about the future of it. Is there any potential for a revision that instead of adding a separate USB C port, it would instead simply replace the stock charging connector for a C port? I know that was potentially the plan for when you do the regular size N3DS, and I do recall somebody else asking about this as well. I think this is something that would be preferable to myself and some others as this would allow us to use different grips on the system while still being able to capture video. And with the charging being enabled on the USB C port, I don't see myself ever using the stock charger anymore if I'm honest. I'd be interested to hear if this is something that many people would prefer or to at least start a discussion about it. If it's realistic I wonder if this could potentially be a different option that could be offered.

I've included a picture from the packaging of the particular grip that I like to use with my system, and you can see how it would cover the USB C port and not be usable with the current design of the capture board. Grips really do a great job at improving the long term ergonomics of the system, so it's a shame that we aren't able to use one while capturing video as most of them attach to the system in this fashion. As always, appreciate the work being done here Loopy :)

This grip is compatible with loopy's current mod & is basically the same thing, comfort-wise:

https://www.amazon.com/MyLifeUNIT-Handl ... B018VAEXD0

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:50 pm

sasook wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:12 pm
Strawberts wrote:
Really excited about these N3DSxl capture cards, I do have a question for Loopy about the future of it. Is there any potential for a revision that instead of adding a separate USB C port, it would instead simply replace the stock charging connector for a C port? I know that was potentially the plan for when you do the regular size N3DS, and I do recall somebody else asking about this as well. I think this is something that would be preferable to myself and some others as this would allow us to use different grips on the system while still being able to capture video. And with the charging being enabled on the USB C port, I don't see myself ever using the stock charger anymore if I'm honest. I'd be interested to hear if this is something that many people would prefer or to at least start a discussion about it. If it's realistic I wonder if this could potentially be a different option that could be offered.

I've included a picture from the packaging of the particular grip that I like to use with my system, and you can see how it would cover the USB C port and not be usable with the current design of the capture board. Grips really do a great job at improving the long term ergonomics of the system, so it's a shame that we aren't able to use one while capturing video as most of them attach to the system in this fashion. As always, appreciate the work being done here Loopy :)

This grip is compatible with loopy's current mod & is basically the same thing, comfort-wise:

Are you sure? It may not work since the plastic piece is slightly covering where the c-port is at.

sasook

Post by sasook » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:49 pm

thomasfan1945 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:50 pm
sasook wrote:
Strawberts wrote:

Are you sure? It may not work since the plastic piece is slightly covering where the c-port is at.
Positive, I'll take a photo of mine tonight if you want

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:02 pm

sasook wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:49 pm
thomasfan1945 wrote:
sasook wrote:

Sure, please do.

anthreyony

Post by anthreyony » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:20 pm

I have both the CyberGadget and the generic Amazon N3DSXL grip and the CyberGadget one is more comfortable to me.

Here are some pics of my loopy N3DSXL in the Amazon N3DSXL grip showing that the USB-C port is accessible.

Last edited by anthreyony on Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:33 pm

anthreyony wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:20 pm
I have both the CyberGadget and the generic Amazon N3DSXL grip and the Cybergadget one is more comfortable.

Here are some pics of my loopy N3DSXL in the Amazon N3DSXL grip showing that the USB-C port is accessible.

Oopsies, lol. I thought it was on the other side. Mb.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:53 pm

So today's June 2nd, 2023. Did anyone have their capture kits ship yet? I ordered mine on Thursday, so I might have to wait for mine to ship.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:55 pm

It’s still early in the day. I’m sure Loopy will do his best.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:49 am

I'm just so excited, lol.

sasook

Post by sasook » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:17 am

thomasfan1945 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:02 pm
sasook wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:49 pm
thomasfan1945 wrote:

Sure, please do.
Here you go, sorry for the delay. It's very similar if not the actual same as the other guy's.