3DS XL or 3DS?

redplanet2001

3DS XL or 3DS?

Post by redplanet2001 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:16 am

I'm weighing my options right now. On one hand I could wait for a 3DS XL capture card to come out. On the other, I could just by a 3DS. I need info. Anything you know on the topic would be helpful. My questions are: 1. Will the 3DS XL capture card cost more? 2. About when will it come out? 3. Is it really worth it to wait? Any info helps. Thanks :)

jtnoble321

Re: 3DS XL or 3DS?

Post by jtnoble321 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 am

Its mainly your choice on if you should get it. I had this exact same dilemma and I actually traded my XL for a normal with a friend. You have three choices, wait, get a nornal 3ds, or go with katsukity, aka 3dsvideocapture.com (though most people dont trust them). As for cost, loopy said around $200 so they could potentially be a little cheaper. And date? No one knows, not even loopy himself.

Post by guest » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Im sorry for bumbing up this post again, but i cant open up my own thread as guest sadly :/
i just wanted to ask loopy direclty (somehow) if we can expect the finished product of the 3DS XL board before MH4U is released is wich would be around 1-3 month.. since there are already test boards spreading so i hope to get my hands on the board in time atm..^^

thanks for just reading anyway if thats the case :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:03 pm

I don't know. I don't have many regular boards left. When they're gone, I'm shutting down orders until I get XL boards (and other work) finished. I'm not going to try and guess when that will be though.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:36 pm

I am currently waiting for you to release the Controller adapter board. My question is, is it possible for me to pay for a capture board to "reserve" it since you said you don't have many left?

The reason I won't just outright send my 3DS to have it put in is because you were saying in the thread for the controller mod that it fits underneath the capture card and I would rather have the controller mod installed and then send the 3DS to you for the capture part of it.

Thanks for any help you can give me! I still have my original DS Capture card thanks to you and I modded that one to use a controller as well, so I'm just excited to do the same with my 3DS!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Yes, that's fine. You can pay for it now to reserve one, and wait til later to send the 3DS in.