New 3DS XL Capture Board?

Haedox

New 3DS XL Capture Board?

Post by Haedox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:14 pm

So the New 3DS XL was announced and I was wondering if you were going to offer a capture board of it

ShadowMario3

Re: New 3DS XL Capture Board?

Post by ShadowMario3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:20 pm

I do think it would be better for Loopy to work on the New 3DS XL over the regular 3DS XL if he wasn't already working on the 3DS XL. It's a definite that people would go for the New 3DS XL since its MSRP is $199.99, which is the same as the regular 3DS XL.

Also, can't recall when, but I think Loopy said the current capture board he is working on for the XL will work with basically any version of the 3DS family, even the New 3DS systems due to how small the board is. Hope that remains true.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:46 pm

I wouldn't expect this happening anytime soon/at all. The new design of the Capture Card is most probably capable of processing the signals, but Connection-wise it is problematic - the debug points at the New 3DS - Mainboard are not present anymore. So no wires you can solder anywhere to get it work!

The only thinkable solution could be a kind of extension of the screen-flatcables connecting them to the Capture Card and then to the Mainboard.

Same was done before with the first (Classic Capture Card) DS, but there was some space left to place the Capture Card right in the middle of the housing of the DS in front of the flatcable.
Now it is moved since the first 3DS design of Nintendo to the totally right Corner. There is no space left to put anything there.

Like I said, I would not expect this happening...

Greenalink

Post by Greenalink » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Tecd0c was that just the NEW Regular and/or NEW XL (size differences)?
If it is a problem for both of the systems then ouch that really sucks :(

I think Loopy should make a sticky post about the current situation on NEW 3DS Regular/XL.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:38 pm

I am interested of course, but I won't know anything more until I've had time to work on it.
I haven't done anything yet except open the 3DS up to see how a board might fit, and that was months ago.

Greenalink

Post by Greenalink » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Interesting, I hope you can figure something out ;).

The biggest surprise announced today is that Nintendo of America is planning to release one of the two NEW 3DS Models.
This is the XL, not the Regular with the fancy faceplates.
So popularity wise IF this project ever gets a green light.
There is going to be a bigger demand for NEW XL capture mod over the NEW Regular capture mod.

Haedox

Post by Haedox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Yeah I was just asking due to that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is coming out soon and there looks to be no immediate way to capture the footage

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Kinda... have to find it funny that I did kinda call this reaction literally last night that as soon as the New 3DS was announced, demand for a capture device in the New 3DS would follow pretty much immediately.

... just kinda sad that I can't fit my Blue Suede Kyogre Faceplate on a US one since they didn't announce the regular version :/ (which I'd probably get the XL version for the capture device if anything and have kept the normal one for the faceplates since I know the demand for the XL version would be greater... didn't think it'd be as great as not even releasing the normal version though >____>)

But yeah, I can now see the new thing that will be asked is not "when will the XL capture boards be finished" but "when will the NEW XL capture boards be finished"

VideoGamer54321

Post by VideoGamer54321 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 am

Hopefully, the capture boards for the New 3DS XL will be ready when it comes out. Either way, I'm gonna wait patiently. :)

FeatherGamer555

Post by FeatherGamer555 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:04 am

I hope you can get the capture board for the NEW 3DS XL. I am really looking into buying a premodded one if they ever become available in the future.