DS Capture Question

Redhawk36

DS Capture Question

Post by Redhawk36 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Hey Loopy! I have the original blue DS, and plan on getting a capture card from you. However, one of it's hinges (the smaller one) is broken. The system is still intact and everything works fine, but I was just wondering if you'd still recommend sending in my own rather than buying another DS through you. It's a money vs. quality/risk issue for me. Thanks so much!
~Redhawk36

(If anyone else can help me here, feel free to pitch in! ^_^ )

Re: DS Capture Question

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 am

Honestly, if you're going to spend the money on the board I would personally rather have a better system to put it on. At that point, you should question which system you really want. If you're going to invest in a new system maybe you could find a 3DS for cheap? Anyhoo, that's just my two cents.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 am

I got a DS capture from Loopy last year and love it. It wasn't too expensive, and I didn't know if I wanted to stream handheld games or not (so it was a good way to test it out without dropping $200). Plus, you can play GBA games on the DS.

The hinge shouldn't get in the way of streaming - I end up playing off of the computer monitor, actually, so as long as you're careful about not breaking the other hinge, you should be ok.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:30 pm

I'm not sure how to answer that. A broken hinge won't cause any problems for the capture card. I guess it just depends on whether you want to keep playing with a broken DS or not.

Redhawk36

Post by Redhawk36 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Well, I just made my payment and I'll be sending my DS tomorrow. (>^_^)>