Sooooo.....

JakeyDaRocker

Re: Sooooo.....

Post by JakeyDaRocker » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:02 am

Always nice to hear from you Loopy. Hope you've been well.

Do you have a price you're aiming for with these new boards? Or haven't thought about that yet? Need to prepare my wallet lol

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 am

montejeu wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 pm
I wonder if there is some way to make it so instead of usb it can wireless transfer the data so no more broken usb ports. Might add to cost and the board size, but would be worth looking into? I bought these usb mag safe like cables so if it gets yanked it would just unlatch. But I'm not really someone who would yank a cable unexpectedly. But I know people do it.
The wifi part of it should be fairly straightforward, I think. Sending compressed video also complicates things. I've been considering switching to USB3, should help alleviate frame dropping issues. But ... eh, I'll worry about one thing at a time.

Broken USB ports is a design problem with the old boards. They're attached too rigidly to the 3DS so it breaks with too much cable movement. I've done far fewer repairs for DS because they can flex a bit.

montejeu wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 pm
Are you going with the test point method or the intercept the ffc to the lcd panel method?
I don't know yet. I'll avoid using test points if possible.

JakeyDaRocker wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:02 am
Always nice to hear from you Loopy. Hope you've been well.

Do you have a price you're aiming for with these new boards? Or haven't thought about that yet? Need to prepare my wallet lol
Too early to worry about that. It shouldn't be any more than the old boards though.

Roxas1359

Post by Roxas1359 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:22 am

montejeu wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 pm
Roxas1359 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm
Yeah I've noticed how crazy the board prices have been since no one makes them pretty much anymore. I've got one of each board, but it seems that Windows 10's 1903 update messed with the audio for the other board, but yours still works perfectly fine on Update 1903. Really glad I have been keeping it for all these years. Would definitely buy a New 2DS/3DS one from ya but I understand it's a low priority.

Edit: Turns out it wasn't 1903, but it was a Windows Update specifically the latest one, KB4515384, will cause Katsukity cards to become unable to record as it cuts out the feed every 3 seconds. Uninstall that update and the cards, both Loopy and Katsukity, will work. Only updating this since I doubt no one else will be able to post a solution.
Just build a computer dedicated to capturing and never change the updates to it ever again! How did you narrow it down to that specific update?

I've got both too. I just soldered wires to add the controller mod onto one of them. Didn't attach it to the controller mod yet though. I wish I could do the new 3ds xl one as well, but the loopy controller mod is not fully compatible and I did some research on the new 3ds c-stick and I know how it works, but it would require some work that I'm not familiar with to controller mod it. And the test points are so small. Maybe the new 2ds xl would be easier? The board looks a lot simpler.
I narrowed it down based upon the recent updates I did. As I was typing out the comment I noticed the issues in other games because of that update as well. I was basically going down a list and once I uninstalled that update everything started working properly again which was nice.
If I'm posting, it must mean I'm either a) procrastinating on schoolwork, or b) procrastinating on recording.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 am

Someone wants $2900 for their loopy capture card

https://www.ebay.com/itm/loopy-nintendo ... SwueBdgYQB

Even if it sells for that much I doubt I would want to sell my capture cards

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:09 am

Whoa!! That's unreal.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:10 am

lol. For that price I'll build as many as you want.

Roxas1359

Post by Roxas1359 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:07 am

montejeu wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 am
Someone wants $2900 for their loopy capture card

https://www.ebay.com/itm/loopy-nintendo ... SwueBdgYQB

Even if it sells for that much I doubt I would want to sell my capture cards
Wants $2900 for it, and won't even go for free shipping. That's sad.
If I'm posting, it must mean I'm either a) procrastinating on schoolwork, or b) procrastinating on recording.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:29 pm

I'd rather get something new going, but I suppose I _could_ just build up another batch of the old boards ...

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:09 pm

I don’t need another one but I’d consider buying a couple of boards just to have.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 pm

montejeu wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:09 pm
I don’t need another one but I’d consider buying a couple of boards just to have.
haha same here. Gonna sell mine when they are worth 10g's :lol: