Sooooo.....

ShadowMario3

Re: Sooooo.....

Post by ShadowMario3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36 am

kronic_failure wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Drop the recording feature. (Let people use OBS to record the video instead of the built in feature that is currently there. A 2GB file limit isn't practical for multi hour recordings)
Rotation setting like in the ras pi suggestion.
No thanks. One of the best things about the loopy boards were the raw recording feature IMO. Not everyone streams, so having raw footage that you could either directly upload or change at a later time would be very useful, especially when you don't have to fiddle around with window sizes on XSplit/OBS. Also, it's better to just have one program running and recording rather than two programs to do the same thing.

kronic_failure

Post by kronic_failure » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:50 am

ShadowMario3 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36 am
kronic_failure wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Drop the recording feature. (Let people use OBS to record the video instead of the built in feature that is currently there. A 2GB file limit isn't practical for multi hour recordings)
Rotation setting like in the ras pi suggestion.
No thanks. One of the best things about the loopy boards were the raw recording feature IMO. Not everyone streams, so having raw footage that you could either directly upload or change at a later time would be very useful, especially when you don't have to fiddle around with window sizes on XSplit/OBS. Also, it's better to just have one program running and recording rather than two programs to do the same thing.
Your a day late, loopy's already considered not taking out anything.
loopy wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm
Yes, the software sorely needs an update. I haven't touched it in 5 years.
What do you mean by a scaling setting?
I agree about the recording. Maybe leave what's there, but putting more work into it is not worth the time, there are better options. Trying to match features of OBS, etc is a waste of time. What I _would_ like to do is have a driver that presents the capture card as a standard video input device so other software can grab the feed directly instead of capturing a window.

dimshades

Post by dimshades » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:29 pm

I've read through this topic a bit, and I must say that I agree with the notion of the absurd and outrageous prices. When there were 3-5 listings on eBay for a original 3DS Capture card for 500-600 I even thought it was ridiculous then. I remember when I got mine 3 years ago and I paid the $199 to get it modified for capture card purposes and got then it back within an ample timeframe, a lot of people still wanted them but couldn't get them. And that was a good price in my book. And now with the Keity bankruptcy situation plus sellers asking for $1000+ for a capture card, it's even more difficult to try to get devices in the 3DS era, and I'm pretty sure those listings will not expire anytime soon given the outrageous prices. I'd love to be able to use my New3DSXL for recording content, but I never got a Keity card for those because I was always told there were dozens of issues. So I held off.

Glad to see that it's being worked on. If you do end up making a another batch of the original Old 3DS cards as potentially discussed though, I'd gladly snag one of those too. Could always use a variety of capture cards... just in case :P

Can't wait for more updates on this!

AaronS6799

Post by AaronS6799 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:33 pm

The question is, will they be available before the end of the year or not?

kronic_failure

Post by kronic_failure » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:40 pm

AaronS6799 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:33 pm
That depends on if the fab centers are local (as in the US) or is overseas. If in the US then it is only limited to production time it takes and the shipping time. If it is overseas, your looking at production time plus shipping and if it has to pass through customs then local shipping.

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm

kronic_failure wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:50 am
Your a day late, loopy's already considered not taking out anything.
Ahh, missed that, great to hear that will be the case.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:54 pm

AaronS6799 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:33 pm
The sooner the better obviously, but I'm not going to try to guess a date yet.
Once the design is finalized, it usually takes about a month to get boards in (China manufacturing). I can pay more to expedite if needed, but the usual rate is about a month.

AaronS6799

Post by AaronS6799 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:42 am

How much is a board by itself to install by oneself?

thesaito

Post by thesaito » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:32 am

Would it be possible to preserve the ir port for those who want to keep the functionality of it?

kronic_failure

Post by kronic_failure » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:42 pm

Do you plan to sell through merki for those in the EU or did they tell you they are closing shop once everything is gone? Meaning to just buy directly from you.