Buying Product Key

KantoKairyu

Buying Product Key

Post by KantoKairyu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:19 am

Long story short, I seem to have lost my product key for my katsukity new 3DS XL capture card, I was told that Loopy offers a service where for 30 dollars he recovers the key, is this still available? I would be more than happy to pay for this service, I do have the device ID.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Buying Product Key

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:06 am

?? No idea where you heard that. I can't recover the key for you.

KantoKairyu

Post by KantoKairyu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 am

Damn, a guy on a forum claimed you did. Is there any service I could purchase from you to fix this issue?

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:45 pm

KantoKairyu wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 am
Damn, a guy on a forum claimed you did. Is there any service I could purchase from you to fix this issue?
As loopy said, he can't recover a key for you. The best thing you can do it wait for loopy to start selling boards again (if that happens), hope that he can take out the katsukity board and replace it with his one, which means you'll have to pay full price for the new board.

Blizzard_Fox

Post by Blizzard_Fox » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:29 pm

If it’s a newer Katsukity capture card, you can see the product code when you try typing the product key in the window viewer. If it is older, than idk. I would at least try checking through it to see if it pops up.

KantoKairyu

Post by KantoKairyu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Oh! Thanks, I didn't know that :) I got it around mid 2017, would that qualify as older or newer?

Blizzard_Fox

Post by Blizzard_Fox » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:36 pm

I’m not fully sure with katsukity capture cards since I only own two loopy capture cards, ds and a 3ds. Ik that you can test by opening the 3ds viewer, and go to file>change the product key> and it will you show you what your key is and you use the key that pops up.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:15 pm

This is all wrong guys..
The nViewer software always shows only the ID of the connected Capture Card - not the key.
The software for the Keity Capture Cards needs the key that correspondents with the ID of the Capture Card to be able work.

The ID of the Capture board is not exchangeable, as it gets flashed to the PRAM, that could only be flashed once.
The ID and the Key is been generated at the time of production and used at the initial flashing of the Capture Card before it gets distributed.
From this state no changes can be made to the ID, for good.

That means in general no other keys will work - except the original one!