Video Micro Stutters in Viewer Software

staticasaurus

Video Micro Stutters in Viewer Software

Post by staticasaurus » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi there, have one of the last Katsukity 3DS XL capture cards. I'm on Windows 10 64 Bit. I had a couple question about the viewer;

1. I am noticing video microstutters in the viewer, which are not present on the 3DS screens. I'm using the newest viewer version, 113r2. I'm plugged in directly to my motherboard, not through a hub. Any idea why this might be happening? Maybe an bandwidth overflow issue or something? Or perhaps the micro USB cable isn't good enough? I'm using the one provided with the capture card, I believe. I'm not sure if the USB is 3.0 or not, I will have to check when I get home.

2. Every time I try to change Backbuffer size, the viewer crashes. Any idea why this happens?

3. Are there any suggested settings for streaming? I have mine set to what I feel like I understand to be the best, but I realize that might be different. I'd be open to hearing other's settings.

staticasaurus

Re: Video Micro Stutters in Viewer Software

Post by staticasaurus » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:56 am

It seems it was the cable. I was plugged into a USB 3.0 jack. I switch out the cheap cable for a samsung brand micro usb, and it works smooth as glass now.

I would still be interested in thoughts on why it keeps crashing when I try to change the buffer size, and also what other people's settings are.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:32 am

Just so you know, this isn't a Katsukitty forum, but possible that you might get responses from folks who happen to also own a Katsu mod.

staticasaurus

Post by staticasaurus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:38 am

Just so you know, the owner of Merki (a partner company of Keity, and I think possibly maybe now owner?) is an admin on this forum.

So you're absolutely correct. I very well might get a response from someone who happens to own a Katsu mod. Or, its also possible that the 2 brands use similar technology, and the programs might have similar code, and thoughts from one brand might apply to the other brand.

What I do know is that there are people on this forum who might have the information I seek, if they happen to see this post.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:56 am

I just wanted to mention it because there have been times where users come here looking for Katsukity help, not realizing it's not related to Katsukity's old site.

But yes, hopefully someone is able to assist. That admin you refer to isn't an admin here anymore, so I'm not sure how active they might be.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:19 am

I don't mind questions about Katsukity related stuff, I just won't be able to offer much help.

The hardware's similar but it was developed independently. They don't share any code.