N3DS progress..

Newt

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by Newt » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:20 am

Woah that sold out fast, within like 5 minutes lol.
Good luck with the tests then.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:22 am

chan4est wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:08 am
Dang those sold out quick! Next time!
If all goes well, it won't be long before I put the rest up. I'm just wary about opening the floodgates before I'm certain there's no issues. (Also, the software still needs a few things fixed up).

Brioche

Post by Brioche » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:23 am

I'm incredibly bummed that I was a minute late to be able to buy one of these, do you know when they will be back in stock? I was really looking forward to this too... :(

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:32 am

Brioche wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:23 am
I'm incredibly bummed that I was a minute late to be able to buy one of these, do you know when they will be back in stock? I was really looking forward to this too... :(
It may take some time before we find out when since the New3DSes need to be shipped to him, modded, tested, and then shipped back. May take weeks.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:45 am

Hey Loopy,

Nothing imperative but I'm curious in regards to the shell cutting. Would you happen to have an example photo of what it will look like and where exactly it'll be located?

Thanks!

Dionicio3

Post by Dionicio3 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:47 am

Ah damn, I was at work so I missed out on testing, oh well, can't wait for the next batch!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:04 am

Akeyla wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:18 am
I got so confused seeing two options to buy. Type A to Type C or Type C to Type C. Is there any reason to choose one over the other?
The board itself has a USB-C connector. What cable you need depends on your PC. Most likely A-to-C, but I guess newer computers are starting to come with USB-C nowadays.
(pic from the DS board)

I only have USB 2.0 cables here btw, so that's what I'll be sending out. Even though these boards support USB3.
USB2 IS fast enough to send uncompressed video at 60FPS (in 2D), but it's close to the limit of what USB2 can handle. Using a USB3 cable might(?) have better performance, less chance of frame skips, I don't actually know. I'm curious if anyone notices any real benefit.

3D at full speed would need USB3, but I don't have that enabled at the moment (does anyone care?) I've heard there are a few games using a 2D mode that doubles the horizontal resolution but I've never seen it. If anyone knows more about that, I'd love to know.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:05 am

Cjmaverick_ wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:45 am
Hey Loopy,

Nothing imperative but I'm curious in regards to the shell cutting. Would you happen to have an example photo of what it will look like and where exactly it'll be located?

Thanks!
There's a picture a few pages back. https://3dscapture.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 641#p21641

Akeyla

Post by Akeyla » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:03 am

loopy wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:04 am
Akeyla wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:18 am
I got so confused seeing two options to buy. Type A to Type C or Type C to Type C. Is there any reason to choose one over the other?
The board itself has a USB-C connector. What cable you need depends on your PC. Most likely A-to-C, but I guess newer computers are starting to come with USB-C nowadays.
(pic from the DS board)

I only have USB 2.0 cables here btw, so that's what I'll be sending out. Even though these boards support USB3.
USB2 IS fast enough to send uncompressed video at 60FPS (in 2D), but it's close to the limit of what USB2 can handle. Using a USB3 cable might(?) have better performance, less chance of frame skips, I don't actually know. I'm curious if anyone notices any real benefit.

3D at full speed would need USB3, but I don't have that enabled at the moment (does anyone care?) I've heard there are a few games using a 2D mode that doubles the horizontal resolution but I've never seen it. If anyone knows more about that, I'd love to know.
Thanks for clarification. I will definitely try out USB 3.0 just to sate my curiosity.

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:18 am

loopy wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:04 am
I think full speed 3D would be a great thing to add at some point if possible. Even though hardly anyone would ever have a use for it, having it to me is the cherry on top of what will (based on your great track record) be a great product. But if it takes too much development time, the time may be better spent ironing out other bugs in the software, designing boards for other models, etc.