Re: N3DS progress..

Post by PeeJayBonobo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:03 am

Roxas1359 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:00 am
PeeJayBonobo wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:53 pm
Roxas1359 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:47 pm
Just got mine in the mail. Install is very clean Loopy, and it looks amazing. My D-pad was acting wonky but it works now that I changed out the D-Pad PCB with a spare I had. Gonna livestream soon to put it through it's paces. Really excited to help test these out.
I want to watch. What's your Twitch?
Neroniumlive, or YouTube which is just Neronium. I'm probably gonna stream a little bit later cause I need to reinstall stuff since I just upgraded to Windows 11 recently.
It's okay, I can wait. I just dropped you a follow on Twitch.
YouTube
Steam
Twitch.tv

3DS Friend Code: 0620-0287-2099
Switch Friend Code: 0545-8720-5127
PSN: PeeJay_Bonobo
NNID: PeeJay_Bonobo_87
Xbox Live: PeeJay Bonobo

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:18 am

Any pics?

I just received my shipping confirmation myself about an hour ago and I’m in very close proximity, so looking forward to seeing the work.

Roxas1359

Post by Roxas1359 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:23 am

Cjmaverick_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:18 am
Any pics?

I just received my shipping confirmation myself about an hour ago and I’m in very close proximity, so looking forward to seeing the work.
I have to wait for the driver cause my computer is saying the driver isn't installed, once Loopy releases the driver I can start posting pics. The computer does detect the card though, stating it's a N3DSXL, but it's giving me a no driver error. I am running Windows 11 since I recently updated to it.
If I'm posting, it must mean I'm either a) procrastinating on schoolwork, or b) procrastinating on recording.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:24 am

Whoops, sorry - I meant of the actual console/port lol

Roxas1359

Post by Roxas1359 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:31 am

Cjmaverick_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:24 am
Whoops, sorry - I meant of the actual console/port lol
Here's one of the port. It's flush with the console. Nothing protruding and is very clean with no burs or loose plastic.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221203-162821_Gallery-min.jpg
Here ya go.
Screenshot_20221203-162821_Gallery-min.jpg (152.97 KiB) Viewed 17233 times
If I'm posting, it must mean I'm either a) procrastinating on schoolwork, or b) procrastinating on recording.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:34 am

Looks VERY clean and organic. Thanks!

I’ll be sure to drop a photo once mine comes in.

Dionicio3

Post by Dionicio3 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:16 am

Roxas1359 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:31 am
Here's one of the port. It's flush with the console. Nothing protruding and is very clean with no burs or loose plastic.
Wow I am genuinely impressed with how good this looks!

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm

That looks great! I eagerly await when N3DS is available for us in Canada, I'd love to get a USB-C upgrade with all the extras of the N3DS over the old one. Maybe by then, the CuteCapture work will break through and we can also get USB audio out of the app. It may even help since USB-C is massively more diverse in transfer than ancient micro-USB.

The way it sits flush too with no protrusion on the back, love it. The O3DS one I have now kind of barely sits on my little iPad stand but does shake a bit because of how thick it is. It does kinda scare me here and there of tipping over, but it works to hold it up so I can try and play with it using a CFW controller option.

All in all, great progress and work, congrats on the achievement.

P.S. I'd still love it if the new "official" capture in development could look at and test a Mac version that works like the Windows one, with a single cable providing both audio and video. I think nowadays, you can get easy access to macOS virtualization through something free like UTM- something low energy with native OS driver and USB recognition support. I'm not exactly sure what the limitation of the original software is for Mac, but since that was released, macOS has also gone through some pretty massive changes. Software like OBS that used to be completely unable to capture application audio without a complicated audio routing system, now can just straight capture audio from individual apps with ease. Apple computers nowadays are almost also completely all in on USB-C, offering everything up to Thunderbolt 4 protocol directly, if hardware was the limitation. Any thoughts on it by chance?

KentaZX

Post by KentaZX » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:01 am

Yea USB C would be great in my case too since I have an unused USB C port on the back of my computer

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:47 am

Chroma wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm
P.S. I'd still love it if the new "official" capture in development could look at and test a Mac version that works like the Windows one, with a single cable providing both audio and video. I think nowadays, you can get easy access to macOS virtualization through something free like UTM- something low energy with native OS driver and USB recognition support. I'm not exactly sure what the limitation of the original software is for Mac, but since that was released, macOS has also gone through some pretty massive changes. Software like OBS that used to be completely unable to capture application audio without a complicated audio routing system, now can just straight capture audio from individual apps with ease. Apple computers nowadays are almost also completely all in on USB-C, offering everything up to Thunderbolt 4 protocol directly, if hardware was the limitation. Any thoughts on it by chance?
I do have a Mac here to play around with. It isn't much (2014 Mac mini) but it'll run CuteCapture. Mac support keeps getting pushed down the priority list because, frankly, nobody asks for it (I mean, besides you ;) ). I have zero macOS dev experience, so writing my own "official" capture app isn't likely to happen. Maybe I can take a look at CuteCapture when I have free time (lol)