N3DS Board won't connect after months without use

LegendofLink122

N3DS Board won't connect after months without use

Post by LegendofLink122 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

Hey Loopy!
I bought one of your New 3DS capture boards last year and it worked perfectly for months. I took a break from using it from December 2023 to last week (April 2024), so about 4 months. My 3DS just sat on a shelf, untouched. When I plugged it into my computer last week to use again, I got the Windows connection noise but the capture board does not show up in Device Manager. It also does not show up in the capture software, both the older revision I downloaded last year and the 5.4 update that is currently out.

I've tried different cables, redownloading the 3DS drivers (it just says "Not needed(No device for update present)", probably because the computer does not see the board), and redownloading the software. Is there anything else I should try, or should I send it in to you for a repair?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: N3DS Board won't connect after months without use

Post by loopy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

Hmm. Sounds like you've done all the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended. You could try connecting it to a different computer and see what happens.
I'll take a look at it if you want to send it in.

LegendofLink122

Re: N3DS Board won't connect after months without use

Post by LegendofLink122 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:49 pm

Gotcha. I went ahead and shipped it back to you yesterday so you can take a look. It should arrive within the next few days.