Mac version?

poketon96

Re: Mac version?

Post by poketon96 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm still tryin to figure out if my 3DS got messed up during the installation or if its supposed to be like that. I got my 3DS back an when I turned it on for the first time, it took a bit longer than usual and the bottom screen looks blue. It doesn't matter what brightness I have it on, power saving or game I'm playing, it has that blue color to it. Are they all supposed to be like that?

Pelon1071

Post by Pelon1071 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:58 pm

poketon96 wrote:I'm still tryin to figure out if my 3DS got messed up during the installation or if its supposed to be like that. I got my 3DS back an when I turned it on for the first time, it took a bit longer than usual and the bottom screen looks blue. It doesn't matter what brightness I have it on, power saving or game I'm playing, it has that blue color to it. Are they all supposed to be like that?
No, the screens are not suppose to be blue. You should try posting a new thread on the "Tech Support" page.
Cheese

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 am

To stay on topic:

I could take a look at creating a Mac version, if you want. I have experience in writing native Mac applications, although not in communicating with hardware per se, but I can look into that. As well as the fast majority of programming languages such as Objective-C, C and C++. I prefer to write a native Mac version then, so no port. I think that saves us all time and effort.

I cannot guarantee anything, but I like to try. Let me know what your standpoint is.

ActionStar

Post by ActionStar » Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Hello, I came here for some advice. I'm saving up for this, but as you probably guessed from my coming to this thread, I use a Macbook Pro. First, is it truly safe to send my 3DS to install it? And if so, would it need my SD card (Because my SD card has my valuable data on it)? Second, and this is where my Mac comes in, since it is not Mac-compatible (and hopefully will be sometime) yet, is there another software that I could use for this? Or is it only this software that would work? Also, I do have a Windows 7, but I just don't use it since it has been overused and is now extremely slow and laggy, so would I be able to record with my Windows, and send the finished recording to my Mac to edit? Thank you everyone in advance for helping. And if anyone knows if it truly will be Mac-compatible someday, please tell me. Thanks again. :)

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 pm

ActionStar wrote:Hello, I came here for some advice. I'm saving up for this, but as you probably guessed from my coming to this thread, I use a Macbook Pro. First, is it truly safe to send my 3DS to install it? And if so, would it need my SD card (Because my SD card has my valuable data on it)? Second, and this is where my Mac comes in, since it is not Mac-compatible (and hopefully will be sometime) yet, is there another software that I could use for this? Or is it only this software that would work? Also, I do have a Windows 7, but I just don't use it since it has been overused and is now extremely slow and laggy, so would I be able to record with my Windows, and send the finished recording to my Mac to edit? Thank you everyone in advance for helping. And if anyone knows if it truly will be Mac-compatible someday, please tell me. Thanks again. :)
You and I are pretty much in the same situation. I sent my 3DS with nothing so you can keep your SD Card and games with you. Loopy has been testing out some stuff for a Mac version so hopefully we can get an update soon

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat May 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Smooch wrote:To stay on topic:

I could take a look at creating a Mac version, if you want. I have experience in writing native Mac applications, although not in communicating with hardware per se, but I can look into that. As well as the fast majority of programming languages such as Objective-C, C and C++. I prefer to write a native Mac version then, so no port. I think that saves us all time and effort.

I cannot guarantee anything, but I like to try. Let me know what your standpoint is.
If you want to try, that'd be great. I don't have much time to work on it. I agree a port is a bad idea. I was going to try adding 3ds capture support into the macam driver but stopped when I saw it was Objective-C. You could try that approach, or write your own native app. I'll send you some sample code.

ActionStar

Post by ActionStar » Sat May 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Wait so will there be a Mac version? Or is it just a maybe right now?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat May 25, 2013 9:17 pm

ActionStar wrote:Wait so will there be a Mac version? Or is it just a maybe right now?
Maybe.

gamingwayhd

Post by gamingwayhd » Sat May 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi. I was also trying to see if I can give this a shot. Could you also give me that sample code too, Loopy?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun May 26, 2013 2:20 am