Mac version?

shodanwii

Re: Mac version?

Post by shodanwii » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 am

Guest wrote:
nintendosushi wrote:If anyone can get this working, I will be eternally grateful :)

http://nintendo-sushi.com/VideoDefault.mov

I've tried Final Cut Pro, VLC, Quicktime and Compressor and none will open it.

Thanks in advance!
Ace
Have you tried making another recording? It's very possible that file just became corrupted. I cannot get it to work either. I've recorded several videos since then, all of them work, so try creating another recording! :)

As I just mentioned, I've made several recordings. I noticed that when recording via the line-in input and through the capture program, the audio immediately trails the video starting at around 1:30-2:30 minute mark. If I use the program LineIn (to route the line-in through the default output) and use screenflow, the audio stays in sync the entire video. I'm not sure what's causing the lagging.

BTW, when you make it available, for the narrator voice-over...can you make it record to a separate file? I like to mix around the audio levels. :)

Hope this helps!
ShodanWii

P.S. if you want me to do any testing, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Yea, I posted this. =P

Lokistarwind

Post by Lokistarwind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Does it needs Loopy's driver to work

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:56 pm

For the Mac? No.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Almost every Mac-compatible Hardware works on a Mac without Drivers.

Lokistarwind

Post by Lokistarwind » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:34 am

How long you think it will be before you believe you make a finished version without any sorta issues. I will play around with the beta and see how it goes.

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:13 pm

How long do you think it will be until the first full release? The original beta testing was supposed to last a week and I had to start doing a Let's Play of yet another game since this still isn't ready and I don't want to risk recording and have the recording "not finalized"

Kazo

Post by Kazo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 am

MKGirlism wrote:Bro and I are already trying to port the App to Mac, but we're first going slowly through the Code, then we try to make it use some MP4 API (instead of Video For Windows), and use OpenGL (instead of DirectX).

Meanwhile, we had it successfully working on DirectX 9 (the App runs on 8), there aren't really spectacular differences, but it's still nice to see it works.
If you have DirectX 9 version, can you test and see if using 9 over 8 makes Open Broadcaster able to hook on to it with Game Capture?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 am

Congratulations on finding a bloody old Post.
But seriously, I don't think I still have my DirectX 9 Version, as it was lying around on my School Laptop, which ended up with a corrupted HDD.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 am

poketon96 wrote:How long do you think it will be until the first full release? The original beta testing was supposed to last a week and I had to start doing a Let's Play of yet another game since this still isn't ready and I don't want to risk recording and have the recording "not finalized"
I don't really know. Currently it's not much further than the previous beta. I also don't really know why it cannot finalize some of the videos. I tried several setups for myself, even using a very heavy layout. Frames are then obviously dropped, but the video itself is fine. I suggest you try it out a few times for yourself.

Then again, I will never be able to guarantee that this never happens (although the current rate is too high I guess). I did expect some comments from you on the pm, but you didn't write me something back after that live show.

The current beta is actually rather close to a stable release, except for desyncing of the audio (I do know why that happens though). I mean, the HUD and the Narrator audio are extras.

I could also make it open-source so other people can work on it, but we need a repository which I can commit to. I intended to make it open-source anyway, but I wanted to have a solid foundation in the program first (which is the case now).

I encourage people to test and report the circumstances in which a bug or error occurs. Also denote the system you are using and the preferences you selected in the application.

Also: new thread. This can be locked I think.

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:39 pm

I think the smartest thing to do is use the screen recording I use since it can catch the audio and my commentary and easily edit them there afterwards without having to risk recording on the program right now. Just a solution for some people needing to record right now :)