Board availability, and other stuff

raphael

Re: Board availability, and other stuff

Post by raphael » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 am

Hunter-Blaze wrote:That last post really turned bad. What I meant to say is that the difference between USB and audio jack is just for convenience I believe, correct? Also, is there any difference in the quality? And thank God it's a firmware update. And I'll order one as soon as the orders are open, as I am always refreshing that damn page haha, so I believe I'll have one. ^_^
If you have a decent sound card, then the quality improvement should be practically zero. However, you need one cable less, free up the headphone jack and you don't need a line in/mic jack on your PC (seriously the laptop I'm currently on doesn't even have a bloody mic jack!)
I'm pretty sure it'll be easier to configure too (no messing around with VAC or Windows' bizarre "Listen to this device" mode etc.)

Mactin

Post by Mactin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 am

Loopy do you still have Cosmo black in stock because I would to have a new Cosmo black 3DS with a capture board on it and just asking but how many boards did you order?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Premodded systems are out right now, I don't know when I'll have more up.

I have enough boards for now, they aren't sold out. I just don't have enough 3DSes on hand. If you don't want to wait, find one on Amazon or something and have it shipped to me, and buy the board installation instead. The price should end up about the same...

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 pm

While I know you just said you don't know when pre-modded systems will be out again... Do you at least have an idea if they'll be in again by the end of the month or not?

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:07 am

I am an arcade technician with experience soldering very small circuit boards, is there any chance at all I can purchase a capture board alone? Heck, half the reason I want one is it sounds very interesting to install.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:41 am

How long will it take to make the 3DS XL board assuming you're starting around February?

I might send my American 3DS and Japanese 3DS LL together, but I hope it's soon enough.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:50 am

Guest wrote:How long will it take to make the 3DS XL board assuming you're starting around February?

I might send my American 3DS and Japanese 3DS LL together, but I hope it's soon enough.
Might add that I don't want to deal with Katsikity so that's why I am asking.

Good luck making the 3DS XL Boards.

CAPS

Post by CAPS » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:55 am

loopy wrote: Next order of business is to get USB audio capture finished ASAP. By the end of the month, hopefully.
*thumbs up*

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Guest wrote:I am an arcade technician with experience soldering very small circuit boards, is there any chance at all I can purchase a capture board alone? Heck, half the reason I want one is it sounds very interesting to install.
Relevant thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=913

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Guest wrote:How long will it take to make the 3DS XL board assuming you're starting around February?

I don't know. 2-3 months, ballpark guess. Just getting them manufactured can take quite a while.