USB audio test

Lucario-Player

Re: USB audio test

Post by Lucario-Player » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:53 am

Figured I'd post here to say that the test update does work!... on one of my 3DSes lol...

The one I originally bought back like 1 and 1/2 years ago DOES work with the update, however the board I bought last January/February for my Japanese 3DS does NOT work with the update.

Video with Japanese 3DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_w1AwQ0a4

Video with English 3DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeXqZUJXPgU

Also, yeah I didn't move around on any of the videos because I was just checking them out, (but the English one does work lol)

And yes, I know I can downgrade the Japanese one for the time being hahaha (already have done it twice)

I'll also edit and say... I'm use to recording in XSplit so didn't realize I didn't record the actual sound in the video lol >___>

Black Haxorus

Post by Black Haxorus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:24 pm

The audio works okay, but the picture is all glitchy looking.
Attachments
3DS Audio.jpg
3DS Audio.jpg (185.42 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
I lost the game.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Placlu wrote:As you can see there is some delay, Is this software based, or hardware limitation, or simply computer issue.
It would be really handy to eliminate this as when playing back with the 3DS volume on there's a similar echo.

Still, thanks for all the extra shit you do :) Some people wouldn't even get this far.
It's both hardware and software. It's impossible to eliminate it completely. Sound cards are not all the same, some like to have longer playback buffers. I _might_ be able to tighten up the audio delay some, I'll need to do more experimenting. I can also add a delay to the video to compensate, so at least they are in sync.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:29 am

If you do that, you might want to make the video delay toggle-able. When I'm not recording, I often just use the capture card for a display and that would make it hard to play while watching my monitor instead of the 3ds.

Placlu

Post by Placlu » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:04 am

Czar_Yoshi wrote:If you do that, you might want to make the video delay toggle-able. When I'm not recording, I often just use the capture card for a display and that would make it hard to play while watching my monitor instead of the 3ds.
yeah, I agree.
From my testing, it seems to be really minor delay, like 0.3 seconds. Lagging the video feed would really help a lot, as would making the audio a USB Audio Device.

Coolfizz

Post by Coolfizz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:44 pm

loopy wrote:I'm still working on it, but I'll let you start playing with it now.
http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture_audiotest.zip

(Yes, I know the L/R channels are backwards :P I'll fix it in the next version)
While this is fantastic and all, will this be released for Mac? I recently bought the Capture Board a month ago and I just got it two weeks ago, and I would like to be able to hear the game audio. If it will be released on Mac, do you have an estimated release date? Any help you can give would be break. :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 pm

I didn't develop the Mac version, Smooch will have to answer that. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=947

Coolfizz

Post by Coolfizz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Okay thanks! I'll talk to Smooch!

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Tested it out. While I am recording, the volume seems to be normal, but during playback of the video file (without changing the sound of the computer), the volume is pretty low. Also, don't have the numerous video options that the 5-24-13 beta had. Other than those issues, seems great!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Video glitches should be fixed. Left/Right channel positions are fixed.
Link updated in original post.