USB audio test

RupinSalesMan

Re: USB audio test

Post by RupinSalesMan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:52 am

I'll download and try it out. If there's something wrong with it, do I just remove the file that allows the USB sound?

EDIT: There's two problems I'm noticing.

#1: The sound doesn't play when using the "Rec. Playback" option with the line-in disabled.
#2: No matter what, the files get sent to the desktop, even if the output is the Videos section.

EDITEDIT: Forgot DirectX and it's fine now, lol. It's weird. You can hear the audio clearly even if you turn the 3DS's volume off, even if "Listen to this device" is turned off. I'm just curious about something. Say your speakers glitch up while recording. Like, there's a crackling sound for a brief moment or something. Would that be heard on the recording? It didn't when using the mic line-in, so I'm just kind of curious.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:17 pm

RupinSalesMan wrote:I'm just curious about something. Say your speakers glitch up while recording. Like, there's a crackling sound for a brief moment or something. Would that be heard on the recording? It didn't when using the mic line-in, so I'm just kind of curious.
Probably, yes. If you hear the sound skipping, that will be in the recording.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:53 pm

RupinSalesMan wrote:I love the update myself, but it sounds kind of choppy whenever I use it. I think I have to wait for it to be worked on more.
Can you clarify? Maybe post a sample video?
If there's a problem, let me know. If nobody complains, I can only assume it's working great. Is it always choppy, or only when recording?

someonewhodied

Post by someonewhodied » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:30 pm

http://rsequence.blogspot.com/2012/12/a ... -with.html

I had to do this to my computer. I imagine with other laptops you have to do something similar.

No issues with usb audio for me. Its working great :D

RupinSalesMan

Post by RupinSalesMan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 pm

loopy wrote:
RupinSalesMan wrote:I love the update myself, but it sounds kind of choppy whenever I use it. I think I have to wait for it to be worked on more.
Can you clarify? Maybe post a sample video?
If there's a problem, let me know. If nobody complains, I can only assume it's working great. Is it always choppy, or only when recording?
I'm going to assume it's my laptop. It's only when recording. Like, sometimes the footage on-screen stutters, but it's fine in the actual video. It's just the audio that stutters still. It's not that big of a deal. I think it's just my laptop itself. I have had audio problems with it for a while.

Don't worry about it, I think it's just a problem on my end.

ZSleyerLP

Post by ZSleyerLP » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:34 pm

Do you think that you could make it possible, that the Audio on the USB sounds like that there are always connected headphones on the 3ds?
Because you can hear a difference when headphones are connected to the 3ds and when they are not, in some games like Pokémon X&Y.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand what i mean.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 am

I can't trick the 3DS into thinking the headphones are plugged in.
Are you saying the game sounds are different when you have headhones in? You can still connect headphones, USB audio will still work.

alejandroid

Post by alejandroid » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:57 am

Which recording device are you supposed to use in audio settings?

Placlu

Post by Placlu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:20 am

ZSleyerLP wrote:Do you think that you could make it possible, that the Audio on the USB sounds like that there are always connected headphones on the 3ds?
Because you can hear a difference when headphones are connected to the 3ds and when they are not, in some games like Pokémon X&Y.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand what i mean.
You can just turn off the volume on the 3DS. It's separate to the Capture Card.
But yes, the audio echo is annoying :( Any progress/intent on delaying the video feed as an option?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:17 am

Placlu wrote:Any progress/intent on delaying the video feed as an option?
I haven't worked on it yet. The last test version (3) should reduce the audio delay a little if you are using Vista or better. I did everything I could, that's as good as it's going to get. Any remaining lag is from the OS and/or sound hardware that I have no control over.