3DS XL Capture Card

Re: 3DS XL Capture Card

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:25 am

Hello,
Sorry to bother you loopy but i got a short question: are we able to use the Circle pad pro XL without cutting or modding anything on it for the Modded 3DS XL one?
if this isnt possible do we need to cut it the same way as you did it with the regular 3ds (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=485)

Waiting

Post by Waiting » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Hallo! I really want to know how the 3DS XL board is coming along. Do you have a release date yet?

Houser

Post by Houser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Waiting wrote:Hallo! I really want to know how the 3DS XL board is coming along. Do you have a release date yet?
"XL will come soon...ish. Sorry, I don't have a date yet." - Loopy 2 days ago. Check board history.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Yay_Yah wrote:Can we place pre-orders or is it going to be 1st come 1st serve?
I'm not taking preorders right now.
Guest wrote:Hello,
Sorry to bother you loopy but i got a short question: are we able to use the Circle pad pro XL without cutting or modding anything on it for the Modded 3DS XL one?
if this isnt possible do we need to cut it the same way as you did it with the regular 3ds (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=485)
You'll need to make a hole for the USB cable.

Houser

Post by Houser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Oh excellent! So nothing gets in the way? I've not been able to acquire a tri screwdrivers yet so I've not gutted my CPP. Do you think you'll be offering to do the drilling yourself or prefer not to?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:08 pm

I don't mind doing it if I'm not terribly busy. I have a feeling I won't have a lot of free time soon.

Houser

Post by Houser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 pm

loopy wrote:I don't mind doing it if I'm not terribly busy. I have a feeling I won't have a lot of free time soon.
Honestly I'd be cool with sending you my CPP (+money required) like...now if you'd be cool with it. I'm mostly hanging onto it for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. If not thats totally cool too.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 pm

-Same guest as the last time :)-

Simply:Oh god, yes thanks a lot! this makes it alot easier now, if i have to drill/mill the hole myself (dunno if merki.net offers this service) could i have the measuring size beforehand?

devilazy

Post by devilazy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:27 am

Hello Loopy,

First off, I want to thank you for taking your time to make a capture card for the 3DSXL. I couldn't deal with the screen size of the regular 3DS so I'm looking forward to the XLCC. Not rushing you so please keep up the good work.

I've been following this thread since... page 4 I believe. However I do have some questions which I know aren't asked, although it could just be me being unfamiliar with your work with the 3DS CC.

Anyways, first off. I understand Katsukity's mod have the battery removed due to the shipping restriction in Japan, will your mod be removing the battery as well? Or is it necessary for the capture card?

Someone asked earlier but I didn't understand but what is the limited edition offer he mentioned. Does that mean the "limited" amount of pre-modded 3DSXL you'll be selling?

Lastly, please don't feel rushed but I will be leaving USA the end of this year. How likely will I get my order before then if I plan on ordering as soon as it's ready?

Thank you again Loopy!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:22 pm

devilazy wrote:will your mod be removing the battery as well?
No, I won't remove the battery.
devilazy wrote:Someone asked earlier but I didn't understand but what is the limited edition offer he mentioned. Does that mean the "limited" amount of pre-modded 3DSXL you'll be selling?
I'm not sure either, I don't know what thread you're referencing. Maybe limited edition 3DS, like the Zelda model?
devilazy wrote:Lastly, please don't feel rushed but I will be leaving USA the end of this year. How likely will I get my order before then if I plan on ordering as soon as it's ready?
The plan is to have it before Smash Bros., so yeah, shouldn't be a problem.