Question for Loopy (or anyone who can answer)

Izagar

Question for Loopy (or anyone who can answer)

Post by Izagar » Sun May 04, 2014 7:42 pm

I need to replace my 3DS, so I wanted to and then get it modded with the capture device. The thing is, is it okay to do a system transfer on it first, then send it to Loopy. Or can I send it to Loopy first and then system transfer after. Also, does this affect anything on my SD card (I have Fire Emblem: Awakening and Animal Crossing: New Leaf on them, so I don't want errors)?

I'm sorry for being stupid. I'm just curious how to handle this.
Former Legend of Zelda Webmistress (RIP Zelda Temple, Zelda Sanctuary). Work on Link's Hideaway now. :P
Naevorlis - High Fantasy Webcomic

Tecd0c

Re: Question for Loopy (or anyone who can answer)

Post by Tecd0c » Sun May 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Just do the install of the 3DS Capture Card first, you never know what can happen, when you send something with the mail-services.
Once the system-transfer is done the source 3DS get wiped and you can't get things back!

DPKrazy

Post by DPKrazy » Thu May 08, 2014 2:34 am

Hey, im new to the forums, but i was wondering if i was to send in my 3ds to have a capture board installed, would loopy be able to fix/replace my charger port as well? if so, how much would it cost because the 3ds only charges if you hold the charger at an angle from the back of the 3ds. Thanks for your time!

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Thu May 08, 2014 11:51 am

I'm sure he can and is willing to help, about the price I guess he has to hold it in his hands and see the damage to give you an estimate.
In most cases I can give an estimate, but it is only an estimate.

DPKrazy

Post by DPKrazy » Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 am

Great, thanks. One more question tho. Is there a delay between the 3ds screen and the computer video? If there is no delay, then i will just send in my regular 3ds as soon as i get the money, but if there is a significant delay, ill just wait for the xl version to be finished before i purchase one.

EdTheNerd

Post by EdTheNerd » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 am

I never had any delay issues, I normally would have it just up on the tv, with a long ass usb cord, playing from the couch. :D

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri May 09, 2014 4:01 pm

DPKrazy wrote:Hey, im new to the forums, but i was wondering if i was to send in my 3ds to have a capture board installed, would loopy be able to fix/replace my charger port as well? if so, how much would it cost because the 3ds only charges if you hold the charger at an angle from the back of the 3ds. Thanks for your time!
Yes, I can fix it. I'm not sure what it'll cost, I need to see it. Maybe nothing. A few dollars at most, replacement ports are cheap.

Izagar

Post by Izagar » Tue May 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Tecd0c wrote:Just do the install of the 3DS Capture Card first, you never know what can happen, when you send something with the mail-services.
Once the system-transfer is done the source 3DS get wiped and you can't get things back!
Sorry for the late reply.

Okay, so just buy a new Nintendo 3DS, send it to loopy, get it installed, and then do a system transfer when I get it back from Loopy? ^^
Former Legend of Zelda Webmistress (RIP Zelda Temple, Zelda Sanctuary). Work on Link's Hideaway now. :P
Naevorlis - High Fantasy Webcomic

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Tue May 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Exactly,have it done, then do the transfer.