Installation on a damaged 3DS?

steeler

Installation on a damaged 3DS?

Post by steeler » Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 am

Hey Loopy, I bought a 3DS (and two games!) for $50 on craigslist because it was a huge steal. However, it was only that low because it is slightly damaged, but still quite operable. Nevermind that I already have an XL and had just bought a 2DS (and two games!) for $80 on craigslist. I'm really hoping to put some Smash 3DS content on Youtube, and I got this regular 3DS just in case XL/2DS installations aren't ready by then.

Anyway, here are photos.

So one corner of the back cover has opened up a bit. The L button still works. As you may notice, there is a little blue piece of plastic inserted into the case. The seller told me that it prevents the 3DS from shutting off whenever the 3DS is unhinged all the way... seems strange. So, I am wondering if it is still possible/advisable to install the capture device with the 3DS the way it is? Not sure if it's a matter of simply popping the thing open and putting it in place again, or if some part of the 3DS is bent or broken... if it's not worth your time Loopy, I understand. Especially if it requires replacement parts.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Installation on a damaged 3DS?

Post by loopy » Wed May 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Installing the board isn't a problem. I'm a little unsure about the 3DS shutting off. I don't know what would cause that, or if opening the 3DS will cause more problems (I doubt it, but I won't know what's wrong with it until I take a look at it).