No video on playback, only Audio (like MP3 files)

DrDreHD

No video on playback, only Audio (like MP3 files)

Post by DrDreHD » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:40 am

So, after getting the audio to work through the USB, and have it come through on recordings, the video will not come with it. If I click record, the whole video is there, and it works fine, but when I go to play it back, there is no video. Its not like the video is black, its treated as an MP3 file, just as a scroll for audio (like music).

I have absolutely no idea what to do.

CAPS

Re: No video on playback, only Audio (like MP3 files)

Post by CAPS » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:37 am

Try reinstalling the video codec.
Also what player are you using?

Try resizing the window size in case VLC (or whatever you are using) does not automatically resize the window correctly.

Otherwise please provide more details (like what codec you are using). Also does this happen when using another codec?
Try using another player to see whether video is displayed there.

DrDreHD

Post by DrDreHD » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 am

CAPS wrote:Try reinstalling the video codec.
Also what player are you using?

Try resizing the window size in case VLC (or whatever you are using) does not automatically resize the window correctly.

Otherwise please provide more details (like what codec you are using). Also does this happen when using another codec?
Try using another player to see whether video is displayed there.
I was using X-vid I believe. The Thing is, the video had no problem until I got the audio to work, with the new software update. If the clips are really short, it sometimes has video, but longer videos (1:30 or longer) does not. I have tried Xvid MPEG-4 Codec, Cinepak Codec by Radius, and Lagarith Lossless Codec. Lagarith was not compatible for playback, but the other two did not work consistently. x264vfw-H.264/MPEG-4AVC Codec did not work either unfortunately.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:19 am

DrDreHD wrote:I was using X-vid I believe. The Thing is, the video had no problem until I got the audio to work, with the new software update.
... So, if you disable the audio, does video recording work again?

DrDreHD

Post by DrDreHD » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:46 pm

loopy wrote:
DrDreHD wrote:I was using X-vid I believe. The Thing is, the video had no problem until I got the audio to work, with the new software update.
... So, if you disable the audio, does video recording work again?
When using X-Vid, when I disable the audio the video works again. The only things I did however was click "enable" on Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) to get the sound in the first place. I made no other changes besides that, but that 1 simple action got rid of the video.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure. See if this works any better. http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture20140607.exe
Is it only with XVid? Have you tried any others?

DrDreHD

Post by DrDreHD » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:34 am

loopy wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure. See if this works any better. http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture20140607.exe
Is it only with XVid? Have you tried any others?
I have tried all of these:

DV Video
Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1
MJPEG Compressor
x264vfw
Lagarith
Cinepak Codec
xvid MPEG-4

and only DV Video and MJPEG Compressor worked for both audio and video, but the quality was really poor.

Basically, I have tried all of the preset ones, and some others I added on, but I can't seem to get the video and audio to work together, even with the link you sent me.

Also if it matters at all, I record on my PC and send it via dropbox or Skype to my mac for editing, but the problem occurs on both my PC and Mac when I try to open them.