Questions for Loopy (And One for Purchasers of the Card)

TopHat

Questions for Loopy (And One for Purchasers of the Card)

Post by TopHat » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:44 am

Like the title says, I'm going to ask a few questions because I want to have the capture card a month or two before Super Smash and Pokemon Omega Ruby come out. I'm sure some of these questions have been answered before, but the posts that I've read that had any of these answers were from months ago, and since answers will vary depending on when they were asked, I felt it would be good just to re-ask some questions to get a better/more accurate reply in case plans have changed. Sorry if it's a lot of questions for you, Loopy, I just like to plan a bit ahead. So here we go, I suppose.

Questions for Loopy:
1. When the devices come back in store around the 25th of August, is it ONLY for the regular size DSes, or are the XL cards also going to be done by then?
2. If no on the XLs, when the XLs ARE done, will you begin selling them pre-installed right away?
3. How much time does it take for you to make a single card once you have the blueprints and supplies ready?
4. Added on to the last question, do you make them in batches at a time, or do you just make as many as you need for any given moment?

And a question for the people who have the device:
1. How long did it take to get your device from the day you shipped your 3DS? Was the wait time one week, two, a month?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Questions for Loopy (And One for Purchasers of the Card)

Post by loopy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:23 pm

TopHat wrote:1. When the devices come back in store around the 25th of August, is it ONLY for the regular size DSes, or are the XL cards also going to be done by then?
I don't have a date for XL yet. (The Aug 25th date isn't firm either, just my best guess for now).
TopHat wrote:2. If no on the XLs, when the XLs ARE done, will you begin selling them pre-installed right away?
Yes, though I imagine I'll be backed up with a lot of orders at first. It could take a while to send them all out.
TopHat wrote:3. How much time does it take for you to make a single card once you have the blueprints and supplies ready?
4. Added on to the last question, do you make them in batches at a time, or do you just make as many as you need for any given moment?
A single card (for testing) I'll assemble by hand, it takes an hour or so. That's not how it's normally done though, I order several hundred of them at once. How long it takes depends on how much I'm willing to spend. It can be anywhere from a few days to 2 months (shorter turn times cost a lot more, of course).

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Someone was thinking of giving me a 3DS Capture Card for my Birthday when It's back in stock. If I sent my 3DS for the capture card around in August 25th about how much time will it take to get it sent back and what is guarantied and not guarantied?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Thom wrote:Someone was thinking of giving me a 3DS Capture Card for my Birthday when It's back in stock. If I sent my 3DS for the capture card around in August 25th about how much time will it take to get it sent back and what is guarantied and not guarantied?
I don't know, I might be backed up for a couple of weeks. I try to ship them out on a first-come first-served basis. It's looking like the boards will come in a few days later, expect around the end of the month.
What is guaranteed? If something bad happens to the 3DS from the board installation, I'll repair or replace it. I don't normally charge for repairs on the board, if there's something wrong with it you can always send it back.