The new 3DS and 3DS XL models.

Ryu

The new 3DS and 3DS XL models.

Post by Ryu » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 pm

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/8/29/60 ... nouncement

Will a new capture card have to be made for these new models? I'd assume so, but I do not know exactly how the capture card works for the 3DS. We won't know for sure if it will be compatible, but I am just curious to know if it is even possible.

onthelam

Re: The new 3DS and 3DS XL models.

Post by onthelam » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Ryu wrote:http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/8/29/60 ... nouncement

Will a new capture card have to be made for these new models? I'd assume so, but I do not know exactly how the capture card works for the 3DS. We won't know for sure if it will be compatible, but I am just curious to know if it is even possible.
I imagine until Loopy actually has a New 3DS/LL in his hands he won't know for sure.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Educated guess would be because it's a new motherboard, its gonna be something new?

Also, he still needs to get his hands on a 2DS capture card, so you won't see one for this in a LOOOOONG while.

Ya Dad

Post by Ya Dad » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I was gonna get a capture card too, until a friend posted a link on the new 3ds models. Glad I didn't yet

Gearhart

Post by Gearhart » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:27 pm

I don't think this new system is coming out anytime soon in the US, so I wouldn't wait especially with Smash & ORAS coming out this fall.
My mascot's avatar is too big of a file size to use. Oh well.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Would it be potentially possible to have a board shifted from 3DS to 3DS LL for lower cost? There's a high chance I'll want to Let's Play an LL game within the next twenty years, and saving myself a couple dollars on the board would be nice.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Here's to hoping that if Loopy figures out a way to put a capture board in the New 3DS or New 3DS XL, he would prioritize that over the 2DS.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:28 am

First off, the new system's name isn't the 3DS LL. The 3DS XL is the American name for the LL. Just needed to point that out because it sounds like some people are referring to the new system as the 3DS LL despite the fact that they only used the "LL" label on the bigger one.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm

I imagine the older models will eventually get phased out, so supporting them would be a good idea. They probably aren't that much different internally.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 am

Will you make one for the XL one? Can you focus on the XL one first this time? :)
I've been waiting for a XL board forever and it would be great to finally get one with the new model.