Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

Re: Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:14 pm

I have been searching for solutions everywhere and cannot find any way of getting the audio to be detected by my laptop...

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 pm

DS or 3DS?

ri_kreiner

Post by ri_kreiner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Hello (if it lets me post here). I've been having an issue with sound. So, I know that the headphone jack on my DS (not 3DS) works because I've used headphones with it before. The video capturing and the software work fine (on Windows 10 no less), but plugging a cord into the headphone jack and then into a mic jack doesn't work. I've tried both the ones on my computer. I only get some static noise, but no game audio. Does this sound like a problem where I'll have to get some type of converter like what was mentioned earlier? As of right now, I've just been playing it close to my Yeti and picking up the sound that way for a quick stream to see how it would work. (also, streamlabs doesn't always like the software. Sometimes have to restart streamlabs so it picks up the game window and not just 2 of the menu window).

HiJello

Post by HiJello » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 pm

I've been lurking around for a few weeks because I got my hands on a loopy capture card recently and I record on a laptop without line in, so I've been in a similar situation as others with having trouble recording audio. Since this particular page gets revisited every so often and is one of the first pop-ups for Google, I'll dump what I know for any other people who got a capture card in 2019 or later.

When you open the audio settings, open the control panel. All your recording devices should be listed, but you have to right-click the box to show disconnected/disabled devices to reveal Stereo Mix. I set it to default, but idk if that matters. Then click the Stereo Mix to see its properties. I've messed around with the settings so much that I thought I'd get audio one way only for it to not work the next. As I've been testing in my free time, make sure the box next to "Listen to this device" is empty. When I have it selected, it will record audio, but then it produces a feedback related noise, so it looks like a dead end. Sometimes when I'm testing, I've been plugging my headphones into my laptop so nobody has to hear the annoying feedback sound, but I didn't realize until now that having "Listen to this device" left unselected and having headphones into the laptop and not the 3DS, records the sound. I've had clear audio sometimes while other times I have a light noise in the background at high volumes, but this has been the most reliable way I could get audio to record without it being unusable.