CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

MrWinds

Re: CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

Post by MrWinds » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:47 am

I have good news! I managed to find the Root directory, and i was happy to see that the "sudo install_udev_rules.sh" that i tried yesterday, did actually move the files to the root, and Cute3DSCapture works perfectly. Maybe another reboot was all i needed lol. Thanks for the help dude!

Christian

Post by Christian » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:22 am

This is a great piece of software and works on my Macbook Pro perfectly! Also, do you have plans to add audio over USB for the newer capture boards Loopy has made? It's a bit inconvenient to use a 3.5mm jack for audio, especially on the newer Macbooks with USB-C only

nano

Post by nano » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:34 pm

hey, i just tried using cutecapture on my linux machine and not only is it not managing to hit 60fps but both screens are jittering up and down.
the framerate is almost certainly nothing to do with my computer. i have a ryzen 5600x and gtx 1060. more than enough to capture the ds, as it was smooth using the official ds_capture.exe on windows.

here's a video: https://files.catbox.moe/hvbk1h.webm

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:42 am

I want to note for all users of CuteCapture that on their GitHub page, the creator has explicitly noted that they no longer have time to work on it themselves. There was some minor interest stirring with another developer, but they quickly hit a snag rendering the audio through USB and we haven't heard anything from them since.

I will note that Loopy did pop into that GitHub thread and offer insight into where to start, but since then, there hasn't been any word from anybody. It's a shame, I purchased a card for my 3DS years back and haven't been able to use it with my Mac once my PC went on the fritz. I'd even be into shelling out even more for the inevitable N3DS card release, but not if the Mac scene continues to be dead. After all of the unreliable and constant issues on Windows, I refuse to go back to use it.

Aar

Post by Aar » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:57 am

It does appear that Gotos has been made aware of the issue: https://github.com/Gotos/CuteCapture/issues/17

Additionally, nano has reported the issue is non-existent on Fedora: Image

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:26 pm

Chroma wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:42 am
After all of the unreliable and constant issues on Windows, I refuse to go back to use it.
Such as? What needs to be fixed?

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 am

Hey sorry, I wasn't super clear there. I just have a flood of issues on Windows as a whole, like as an OS. The lack of a fully usable Mac equivalent 3DS capture app is the one and only reason I've been forced to keep an old PC I used to have, running a 10ft cable across my floor for a capture. I'd honestly love to get rid of it.
Last edited by Chroma on Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spitford

Post by Spitford » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:31 am

Hey,
Just popped in here to let everyone know I’ve had some promising results on the audio over usb front. I’m kinda new to C++ so it’s going to take a bit for me to get anything working properly, but I’ve got an ok sounding stream of audio coming over usb on my Mac!

Da12thKind

Post by Da12thKind » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:58 pm

Spitford wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:31 am
Hey,
Just popped in here to let everyone know I’ve had some promising results on the audio over usb front. I’m kinda new to C++ so it’s going to take a bit for me to get anything working properly, but I’ve got an ok sounding stream of audio coming over usb on my Mac!
That's awesome! Keep us posted, please!
Thank you for your time!
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Da12thKind (Da12thKind)
Twitter: @Da12thKind

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:46 am

Spitford wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:31 am
Hey,
Thanks very, very much for picking this up. If you pull this off even years down the line, it gives me hope on using the capture card again. Constantly will be praying for good results!