Loopy, please read - Katsukity device arrived faulty.

ThomasJAshwell

Loopy, please read - Katsukity device arrived faulty.

Post by ThomasJAshwell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:53 am

Hello Loopy.

From looking at your forums, it seems you get a lot of complains about Katsukity on here, which has automatically made me regret buying from them.

About a month and a half ago I order a 3DS XL (Preserve IR Port) Capture Card from them, and it arrived last Wednesday, October 29th.

Basically, it doesn't work.

When I first got it, it displayed just fine on my PC screen, yet the colors were off and the audio was horrible. I created a video here showcasing these issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkiIMCHEYs4

On October 31st I wrote a TwitLonger explaining what'd been going on in the emails, so feel free to read that if you'd like some more information. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sdp1d1

After a whole week of back and forth with Katsukity, I've deduced I'm not going to get my board replaced / fixed without having to pay ridiculous expenses. They said to declare it as being worth $10 when I send it back, which I'm not about to do as if it goes missing I can only reclaim $10 when I paid almost $500 for it.

I could mark it as worth $500, but I feel like I'd never see the console again, as Katsu would probably just claim they never received it.

I'm considering contacting my bank and explaining the situation, hoping they'll allow me to claim the money back. The item arrived faulty, so it should be fixed without charge to the customer.

Also, the fact they're trying to get me to mark it as worth $10 is not only an insurance fraud, but it breaks U.S. law. I just moved here from the UK, so I'd rather one of the first things I do not be break the law.

Basically, what I'm asking, is if you would be so kind as to take a look at the board? I've seen in 1 or 2 forum posts that you've taken a look at Katsukity's boards before, so I was hoping you could look at mine. I don't trust Katsukity as far as I can throw them, so I'm not willing to send my console back to them with no guarantee of it returning to me. I can send you everything that came in the box, so you could input the license key and everything to check it works before returning it.

Thank you so much in advance. I can guarantee I'll be recommending YOU and your site to my friends in the future, and not Katsukity.

Thanks again,
Thomas J. Ashwell.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Loopy, please read - Katsukity device arrived faulty.

Post by loopy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:02 pm

I can't guarantee anything, but I can take a look at it for you.

ThomasJAshwell

Post by ThomasJAshwell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks a lot, man. Is it the same address as on the order page?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Yes, same address.

suman20

Post by suman20 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Hey guys,

I had my 3DS modded a while ago and it had been working fine up until a little while ago while streaming Smash I noticed that I couldn't shield with the R button anymore. I tested a few other games and it seems the the trigger isn't working. Any good ideas on how to fix it?
8-)
Pass your 70-511 exam dump and testking.me - MB7-702 dumps in first try by using our guaranteed Olivet Nazarene University and olivet and best quality Rasmussen College

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Sounds like the button needs to be replaced.

ThomasJAshwell

Post by ThomasJAshwell » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:10 pm

(accidentally posted as guest before)

My apologies Loopy, I never ended up sending my board in. Katsukity eventually sent me a replacement, and after I refused to pay the shipping fees to send back something that arrived faulty, they left me alone. So I now have 2 3DS XL Capture cards. One working and one not. Sorry about not letting you know sooner!

xlom

Post by xlom » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:10 pm

not to defend katsukity (as I plan on getting my new 3ds xl board from loopy when he offers them) but did you read the documentation that came with the card? Mine arrived from him with the same issue you had. The documents that arrived with it mentioned adjusting the frequency in the app if there was an issue with colors.

ThomasJAshwell

Post by ThomasJAshwell » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:13 am

I did, yeah. Katsukity had a Skype call with me and confirmed that the device was faulty. They even used TeamViewer to adjust the settings themselves.

xlom

Post by xlom » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:26 am

wow, that sucks. I can't imagine how annoying that must've been