Black screen when charging and recording

ShaKage

Black screen when charging and recording

Post by ShaKage » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

So this is the newer of the two capture cards that I have. This is the one I primarily use.

EVERY time I charge the 3DS and record, there is a random black screen at some point. Unless I unplug the USB and plug it back, it doesnt work again.

My older capture board, which I want to sell, doesnt have that issue.

Any idea why it happens loopy?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Black screen when charging and recording

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm not sure, it sounds like the board might be bad. Does it disconnect too, or just black out?

ShaKage

Post by ShaKage » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 pm

loopy wrote:I'm not sure, it sounds like the board might be bad. Does it disconnect too, or just black out?
I guess it disconnects because it only works after I take out the USB and reconnect it.

Keep in mind it works fine for hours and hours when I record without charging. As soon as I put it to charge and record, I get random black outs.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:04 pm

By disconnect, I mean you can hear the USB disconnect sound in Windows.
.. but either way, it sounds like there's something wrong with the board, if you want to send it back I'll take a look at it.

ShaKage

Post by ShaKage » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:10 pm

loopy wrote:By disconnect, I mean you can hear the USB disconnect sound in Windows.
.. but either way, it sounds like there's something wrong with the board, if you want to send it back I'll take a look at it.
The capture board used to move around too much. I opened up the back cover used electrical tape to tape it down.

Does that void my warranty?