Best Quality Possible?

MrRayhonda

Best Quality Possible?

Post by MrRayhonda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:16 am

Hey there everyone! I wanted to know if anyone here knew a way to get the absolute best quality out of the 3ds capture software that can be downloaded at 3dscapture.com

I've fiddled with it but there are not all that many options.

I saw the software called nonstd 3line Diff Signal viewer but that isn't compatible with this 3ds capture board for some reason so I wanted to know if there was a way to get the best quality from my 3ds when scaling up to 720p or if it's possible to get this 3ds capture board working with the katsukity software?

Thanks! :)

desocietas

Re: Best Quality Possible?

Post by desocietas » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:36 am

Just wanted to show you these threads in case you haven't seen them yet:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2014
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1874

MrRayhonda

Post by MrRayhonda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:53 am

desocietas wrote:Just wanted to show you these threads in case you haven't seen them yet:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2014
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1874

hmm I have seen these but they seem overly complicated compared to the other 3ds capture software. virtualdub would require me to render the video and then throw it into my main editing software to add the overlay and my facecam then audio and once i render it again it would most likely lose quality again I think. I'm trying to find the simplest way to get the best looking video. It shouldn't be overly complicated right? If anything though I'll try these methods and see how they work out. Thank you :)

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:30 am

What kind of editing did you have in mind? One of the real benefits of using AviSynth is so that you don't have to render before encoding it "for real." Me, I go from my script right to my encoder (XviD4PSP). I know Adobe Premiere supports AviSynth scripts so you could arrange your videos in AviSynth, then plop that script right in Premiere, no rendering necessary. Then do any additional editing you want in Premiere and you're golden.

MrRayhonda

Post by MrRayhonda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:46 am

triple_lei wrote:What kind of editing did you have in mind? One of the real benefits of using AviSynth is so that you don't have to render before encoding it "for real." Me, I go from my script right to my encoder (XviD4PSP). I know Adobe Premiere supports AviSynth scripts so you could arrange your videos in AviSynth, then plop that script right in Premiere, no rendering necessary. Then do any additional editing you want in Premiere and you're golden.

I've never done anything avisynth >.< I'm new to this i guess haha I'm editing in camtasia studio 8 for quick and simple yet high quality editing (i can do some pretty epic stuff with it) but what i wana do is have my overlay with my face cam top screen and bottom screen all in the same vid and of course up the quality in the ds recording. I honestly just wana find a way to up the quality raw. like the Kitsukity software from the display is high quality right away and you can stretch it to 720p then record it there and it's perfect.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:50 am

I haven't seen any issues with Loopy's quality, but I don't use Katsukity, so I can't compare. If anything, I haven't really heard people complaining that Loopy's quality output is any better/worse than Katsukity.

I don't have any issues with using OBS to scale the DS capture software and I imagine the resolution on the 3DS can only go up so far anyway as it's not HD quality.

Here's another thread I found that might be of use:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=696&start=10

MrRayhonda

Post by MrRayhonda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 am

desocietas wrote:I haven't seen any issues with Loopy's quality, but I don't use Katsukity, so I can't compare. If anything, I haven't really heard people complaining that Loopy's quality output is any better/worse than Katsukity.

I don't have any issues with using OBS to scale the DS capture software and I imagine the resolution on the 3DS can only go up so far anyway as it's not HD quality.

Alrighty thanks :) I'll look through this thread and see what I can do. The quality isn't bad at all it's just that when I do change the size of the video it get's heavily pixelated and hard to look at.

This guy here has great quality in his video: http://youtu.be/hRXgT9X2QFs?t=8m29s

but when i play a similar game (monster hunter 3u) and try to make my video full screen it's very blocky so i'm worried because when MH4U comes to north america i want to do a full let's play and give my viewers the best quality possible. I'm sorry for being such a hassle haha but I really appreciate your help :)

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 pm

MrRayhonda wrote:
desocietas wrote:I haven't seen any issues with Loopy's quality, but I don't use Katsukity, so I can't compare. If anything, I haven't really heard people complaining that Loopy's quality output is any better/worse than Katsukity.

Alrighty thanks :) I'll look through this thread and see what I can do. The quality isn't bad at all it's just that when I do change the size of the video it get's heavily pixelated and hard to look at.

This guy here has great quality in his video: http://youtu.be/hRXgT9X2QFs?t=8m29s

but when i play a similar game (monster hunter 3u) and try to make my video full screen it's very blocky so i'm worried because when MH4U comes to north america i want to do a full let's play and give my viewers the best quality possible. I'm sorry for being such a hassle haha but I really appreciate your help :)
Oh, that's funny - I know the guy who made that video. I'll check with him about whether he uses OBS or XSplit - most Twitch streamers tend to use those. Are you making your video full screen in the capture software? I usually will open up Loopy's capture software and capture it in OBS and stretch the screen in that. The quality that's output tends to vary on a few factors.

Are you streaming live or just capturing video for Youtube?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 pm

MrRayhonda wrote:when i play a similar game (monster hunter 3u) and try to make my video full screen it's very blocky
Make sure point scaling isn't enabled (right click in the display window).

MrRayhonda

Post by MrRayhonda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:00 pm

loopy wrote:
MrRayhonda wrote:when i play a similar game (monster hunter 3u) and try to make my video full screen it's very blocky
Make sure point scaling isn't enabled (right click in the display window).

I find that to be a big struggle actually haha. It's hard to pick between bilinear and Point. I find Bilinear is quite blurry and Point makes it nice and clean and more vibrant looking but on the other hand point makes it more blocky and bilinear makes it smooth >.< I'm testing some post options now with both.