New Computer and Can't get it running

cowscrazy

New Computer and Can't get it running

Post by cowscrazy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:31 am

My old computer sadly died and now I'm trying to get 3ds capture to work on my new computer

It has windows 8 on it and I downloaded the newest software. I need this to record video and audio via usb so I'm hoping this will work.

But when I open the program and plug in my 3ds. I'm not getting video or audio. What am I doing wrong?

My old set up was on a windows 7 computer and recorded video and audio separate the old school way. I can't do that anymore as there no mic plug on new computer. Even if I could there is no video being recognized.

What am I doing wrong please someone help.

Tecd0c

Re: New Computer and Can't get it running

Post by Tecd0c » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:59 am

Here is how to set it up:

http://www.konsolenpunkt.de/forum/viewt ... 51#english
Regards Stefan

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 pm

I've installed the driver. But nothing happens. I won't even say my 3ds is connected anymore. Im very lost and frustrated.

cowscrazy

Post by cowscrazy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 am

Sorry that last one was me. Forgot to login.

I have installed the driver but when I plug it into computer it doesn't show up. I not sure what to do. Im very confused and frustrated

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Your computer doesn't make any sound when you plug it in? If your computer doesn't see it at all, it's a connection problem, not the driver. Windows 8 shouldn't need a driver for it at all. Since it worked on your other computer, I'm thinking it's more likely an issue with your computer, not the capture card.

Is it a desktop? Maybe the USB ports on the front panel aren't hooked up? Do other USB devices work? Try using different USB ports. Try a different cable if you have one.

cowscrazy

Post by cowscrazy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:51 pm

I only have 3 ports but its a laptop. I'll try other ports and move my mouse around.

I did find that same problem with a external hard drive with different ports.

If this doesn't work where can I get another cable to test if that is problem? I not even sure what to call this kind of cable.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:46 am

Micro USB.

cowscrazy

Post by cowscrazy » Fri May 01, 2015 2:57 am

I got a new Micro USB cord and it still doesn't work.

I've tried it on another computer and it didn't work anymore.

Im starting to think its the card and not me. LOOPY how can I send it to you to be checked out / repaired.

What do I need to do? How much will it cost me.... etc.

Worst case situation you find nothing wrong with it. What happens then cause I'm going crazy here. No pun intended

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon May 04, 2015 3:31 pm

You can send it back, I'll take a look at it. Send it to the same address that's on my order page. Include a note with your info (return address and some description of what's wrong).

cowscrazy

Post by cowscrazy » Wed May 06, 2015 4:18 am

Thanks Loopy. I'm just not sure what else to do. I really hope you find something wrong with it. Cause if you don't I'm going to be lost and confused