Windows Recognizes 3DS Capture Board, But Program is Black

mapizzafood

Windows Recognizes 3DS Capture Board, But Program is Black

Post by mapizzafood » Tue May 12, 2015 11:44 pm

My 3DS capture board has been working fine for the past year. However, as I plug in my 3DS capture board into my laptop today, I noticed that there was no picture. Normally, this is fixed by a simply unplugging the capture board and plugging it back in. However, doing this and restarting the program did not fix the problem. I then tried a variety of things including using a different micro USB cable, restarting my computer, and reinstalling the drivers. None of these steps worked in the end.

When looking at the capture board in the Device Manager, I can clearly see that it is recognized as "3DS Capture" like it is supposed to be. I am also running this on Windows 8.1, as is shown in this screenshot.

Is there anything more that I need to try doing or do I need to possibly send in this capture board for a repair?

EDIT: I should also mention that I have tried to install the drivers on another computer with USB 2.0 ports and there is still no video or audio displayed within the capture card application itself. At this point, I am getting ready to send the 3DS back to Loopy, but I just want to make sure that it is okay to do so before I actually do it.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Windows Recognizes 3DS Capture Board, But Program is Bla

Post by loopy » Sat May 23, 2015 8:26 pm

I had to replace the board, I couldn't figure out what was wrong. You'll have it back in a few days (Monday's a postal holiday).

mapizzafood

Re: Windows Recognizes 3DS Capture Board, But Program is Bla

Post by mapizzafood » Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 am

loopy wrote:I had to replace the board, I couldn't figure out what was wrong. You'll have it back in a few days (Monday's a postal holiday).
Thanks for the update. I actually wasn't expecting you to be done with the repair until later anyway, so this is great news.

Also, I briefly took off the back cover before I sent the board to you and I couldn't figure out what might have been wrong with that board either. I'm just glad that the board wasn't broken by something that I might have unknowingly done.