My 3DS Capture Card is faulty

AlexMagnei

My 3DS Capture Card is faulty

Post by AlexMagnei » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Hey Loopy, its been a while. I've still got the 3DS with the capture card, but it isn't working. When I try to switch it on when its connected it doesn't turn on, and if I connect it when it is turned on nothing appears on the computer screen. I've taken some photos, do you think you could help here?

LVNeptune

Re: My 3DS Capture Card is faulty

Post by LVNeptune » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:56 am

That ribbon cable looks damaged to the right a bit. It showed up on multiple pictures. Maybe zoom in on that area with the knick in it

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:48 am

So long as you bought the card from loopy, he'll repair your capture card for free. PM him and leave details about your system and be sure to remove and hold onto your SD card before sending.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:58 am

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Yes, I can fix it if you send it back. There's not much you can do on your own. You could try reconnecting the flat cable. If your USB cable looks damaged, replace it. Does your computer still recognize it as a capture board? Did it stop working for no reason, or did something happen to it? (was it dropped? firmware update was interrupted?)

AlexMagnei

Post by AlexMagnei » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:41 pm

So if I send it back its all free, including postage? Anyhow, yes my computer does not recognise the capture card at all.

Also about keeping the SD card, is it possible to use the same SD card with 2 3DSs without having to go through the data transfer process? If so that would be awesome.

Also, I ended up clogging the headphone socket when plugging in a bent audio cable, I didn't know the end would break off and clog the thing. I've tried many times to get it out but with no luck. If you can unclog it that would be awesome, if not I won't say its that big of a deal, I'll just put music over the footage or have it mic recorded. I understand if you don't fix it, it was stupid of me to try plugging a bent audio cable into it in the first place.