In stock (old 3DS)

gaminraian

Re: In stock (old 3DS)

Post by gaminraian » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Glad to see you're back Loopy! Was almost about to break down and order a card from Katsukity. But now, I'm more than happy to wait for your N3DSXL card once you're finished with it!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:09 am

Pegs0 wrote:How would I go about ordering both the controller mod and the cap card? Would you be able to install the controller mod as well?
Sorry, I don't do controller mod installations. Too time consuming, each one takes a few hours to do.

gvsugod

Post by gvsugod » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 am

loopy wrote:
Pegs0 wrote:How would I go about ordering both the controller mod and the cap card? Would you be able to install the controller mod as well?
Sorry, I don't do controller mod installations. Too time consuming, each one takes a few hours to do.
What's the turn around going to be on cap card installs?

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:30 am

gaminraian wrote:Glad to see you're back Loopy! Was almost about to break down and order a card from Katsukity. But now, I'm more than happy to wait for your N3DSXL card once you're finished with it!
Me too. :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 am

Nyaako wrote:Great! My New3DS Katsukity capture card broke, so getting Loopy's will be worth the wait!

Btw, Loopy, how much will the New3DS capture card cost?
I expect it'll be about the same price as the regular card.
gvsugod wrote: What do you expect the turnaround times to be once you start getting them in?
It doesn't look too bad right now, maybe a week at the most.
Guest wrote:Loopy, good to hear from you. Long time lurker here who finally decided to create an account after todays great news. I was wondering if you would be offering capture board installations for the regular new 3ds non xl?
I'd like to at some point, but I will be working on XL first.
Voisper wrote:Is there a recommended shipping service to use to send in our 3DS system?
It makes no difference to me, use whatever you like. The address actually goes to a box at the UPS Store, someone will always be there to sign for it.
ShadowMario3 wrote:Glad to hear from you, loopy! Can't wait to see when the New 3DS XL Capture Cards will be available! Just a quick question so you can confirm it, will you be doing both New 3DS XL Capture Card installations and selling New 3DS XL consoles with a capture card already installed? If so, for the latter, how much are you expecting the total cost to be?
Yes, I plan to offer premodded systems. (Only reason I don't do it for the regular 3DS is they are harder to get ahold of now). Price would just be the standard capture card cost plus the cost of a system.
phate wrote:So I gonna pick this up but had a couple quick questions:

Is it possibly to get the controller mod installed at the same time?

I live not to far from Lehi, any chance I could skip the shipping and drop it off? (its totally cool if not, just thought I'd ask.)

I'd also be happy to pay you in cash and skip paypal if I can drop it off.

Thanks!
As I said above, I'd rather not do controller mod installs at least for now, it takes a lot of time and I'm too busy. Maybe if you're willing to wait a few weeks. Yes, you can drop it off instead. Email me first if you want to do that, the address on the site is not my home address.
Doran754 wrote:Hi, I'm new to this forum (someone from gbatemp linked me) so correct me if im wrong but I'm assuming there will never be any O3DS XL capture cards, is this information correct? I really hope I'm wrong .. Thanks in advance.
The plan right now is to get New3DSXL done first, then go back and do the old XL.
Guest wrote:If I purchase it now do I have a time limit to when I have to send in my 3ds? Or upon purchasing do I reserve a cap. board for myself?
Placing an order will reserve one for you. (I have plenty though, they aren't going to run out anytime soon).
CorporalSaturn wrote:Does this mean that you'll be taking repairs on your cards again? I sent an email requesting one back in December and never got a reply
Sorry about that. Yes, I am still taking in repairs, you can send it back if there's a problem.

redoubt9000

Post by redoubt9000 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:06 am

Great to be seeing the updates to this venture over the past few weeks :D Can't wait to see the New 3DS XLs posted!

I'm curious to know, will the newest version also have the additional backplate holding the guts? Similar formfactor I mean to ask. Or will this be a whole new redesigned, internal addition? (I've only the one LE New 3DS XL, although I wouldn't mind it being modified.) I may very well consider a new generic 3DS XL that isn't an LE in any case for this capture card :P

Thanks for your time!

hitesc_david

Post by hitesc_david » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:34 am

loopy wrote:I got a bunch of boards in for the old 3DS (boring, I know). They're back up for sale.

XL / New3DS has been "almost done" for a long time but it's been difficult to work on while I'm working at another job.
I am leaving my current job shortly (yay) to do this full time again so you will start seeing regular updates soon.
I have some catching up to do, it's been a while since I've been on this forum but it's good to be back.
Hey, Loopy! What is your best guess on how long it will take before you start taking in the new 3ds xl?

I've been patiently waiting, and I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and send in my old 3ds instead, since I'm scared you'll be sold out again! :P

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey there Loopy. I was wondering if I sent my original DS in along with my 3DS would you be able to install a Capture Board in both or are you only doing Old 3DS at the moment?

satanssprite

Post by satanssprite » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:42 am

I'm trying to make sense of some of the responses to questions you've given here but I'm having trouble so I'm going to directly ask the question I have.

I have one of the original 3ds systems, the back says its M 2010, C 2011 if that means anything. I was wondering if capture cards for it were available to be done by you?

mapizzafood

Post by mapizzafood » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:35 am

satanssprite wrote:I'm trying to make sense of some of the responses to questions you've given here but I'm having trouble so I'm going to directly ask the question I have.

I have one of the original 3ds systems, the back says its M 2010, C 2011 if that means anything. I was wondering if capture cards for it were available to be done by you?
Those two things shouldn't matter. All Loopy means by an original 3DS model is that it looks similar to a system like this.

Essentially, as long as you have a regular-sized system where the SD card is accessible without having to use a screwdriver, then you have a 3DS that is compatible with Loopy's current stock of capture boards.