ds screens mirroring on handeheld unit

dagazconcept

ds screens mirroring on handeheld unit

Post by dagazconcept » Sun May 06, 2018 7:25 pm

So I've unfortunately sat on this issue (which i shouldn't have), because I simply thought I had bad luck with DS install kit I got.
Now, I'm trying to diagnose this again to see if I can fix it, but I need some feedback.

The images on one screen are mirroring to the other screen...and this is affecting both screens. You can see the pink tint on one screen that resembles the images of the other screen. See album for examples: https://imgur.com/a/1RDQOEm

[1] I initially thought this was an installation problem. I removed the entire installation kit , re-seated the ribbon connections, and firmly connected the usb cable.....still the same issue.
[2] I thought that since the ribbons are so close together, perhaps there was some form of signal interference? So i added electrical tape to both lengths of the ribbon cable, so now they have a level of separation....still the same issue happens though.

I bought the DS kit for the purposes of streaming, but unfortunately this issue is also picked up on the capture software as well. Due to this, I ended up shelfing this unit :(

Has anyone experienced this issue before, or knows of a forum post that discussed this issue? Can anyone provide some other suggestions on diagnosing this unit? I welcome any feedback. Thank you for reading.

AngeloftheNight091

Re: ds screens mirroring on handeheld unit

Post by AngeloftheNight091 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:39 pm

I have a DS Capture Kit as well, but I dont seem to have this issue. I Dont think the ribbons would be an issue considering you have disconnected and re-connected numerous times. I am thinking it may be an issue with the capture component itself?

dagazconcept

Post by dagazconcept » Tue May 08, 2018 8:05 pm

AngeloftheNight091 wrote:I have a DS Capture Kit as well, but I dont seem to have this issue. I Dont think the ribbons would be an issue considering you have disconnected and re-connected numerous times. I am thinking it may be an issue with the capture component itself?
I did a cursory inspection of the board before installing , and didn't find anything out of the ordinary.
I'll open up the DS unit tonight and take some extra pics, and add them to the album.

Post by Guest » Wed May 09, 2018 11:36 pm

If it still functions fine and captures but looks weird, I'll buy it off you so you're not a complete loss

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I am thinking it may be an issue with the capture component itself?
Could be. PM me your address, I'll send a replacement board.